Got new bullet finished... with pic

-
Thanks for the info. I'll tell you it damn near sounds like my current set up. Alittle less compression 11.1 and only a 750 looking to try a older 950hp with a 260@.050 cam and the 1 5/8 tti headers. Lowered the rear gear from the 4.30 to the 4.10, just didn't want to turn 6800-7k. now with 4.10 I shift 6500.

i have had a 950, in fact used it on the 360 this motor is replacing. Liked it a lot.
I had 4.10’s too. Started whining, buddy had a 4.30 pig i bought. Would prefer 4.10, but 80% of my racing will be 1/8 mile this year so gear wont matter much.
With eddie heads stroker crank and 1/4 mile any gear is too much. Its not a head that’s optimal.
My shortblock is real good, kinda waiting to see if trick flow comes out with an offset head

i have had a 950, in fact used it on the 360 this motor is replacing. Liked it a lot.
I had 4.10’s too. Started whining, buddy had a 4.30 pig i bought. Would prefer 4.10, but 80% of my racing will be 1/8 mile this year so gear wont matter much.
With eddie heads stroker crank and 1/4 mile any gear is too much. Its not a head that’s optimal.
My shortblock is real good, kinda waiting to see if trick flow comes out with an offset head
Sounds like your going to have a great engine there Don.
I am thinking hard about Buying a Huges 426 stroker kit for my 360 magnum block. It will have over 13.1 compression and a sold roller cam. The only two things I won't beable to change is, I will be useing my trick flow heads and my hooker 1'5/8 headers. That's the biggest header hooker makes for my dakota. Think it's enough engine to get my 3400 pound dakota into the low 10 high 9 in the 1/4

:popcorn::popcorn:
Highly subscribed - you have a gorgeous car there!! I've got a 408 with just a tad bit less cr and cam - can't wait to hear how your bigger engine runs!

haha.... everybody seems to like that.
Its actually the show room of the car lot i own
Shhhhhh!!...Just say "Yes, my wife is cool enough to let me park this thing in my living room" :lol:.

If it aint gonna be fast, its gotta be purdy.
Just got this today, to finish off the motor

14511343-5F10-4857-873D-E44899E5C9DD.jpeg

Found them on here actually after looking forever. They were brand new. Cheesy actually, just hope they hold up.
They BARELY clear HS rocker gear
Do those valve covers have any baffles already in place?

Do those valve covers have any baffles already in place?

Think they did. I am going to mount the filtered type screw in breathers on them too.
Gonna fire it up and check for leaks, etc two weeks from this Thursday on a run in stand... hopefully get it in the car shortly thereafter if all goes well.

Wasn’t sure if those red versions were like my gold ones. No baffles. The little baffle I made for the PCV was not big enough as I still had a major sucking oil issue on just a brief run (Moroso oil separator/catch can filled up) I’ve got maybe .600” of depth from the cover to the rocker adjuster at full lift so the baffle needs to be much longer and I’ll have to raise the valve or maybe put it up stream

Wasn’t sure if those red versions were like my gold ones. No baffles. The little baffle I made for the PCV was not big enough as I still had a major sucking oil issue on just a brief run (Moroso oil separator/catch can filled up) I’ve got maybe .600” of depth from the cover to the rocker adjuster at full lift so the baffle needs to be much longer and I’ll have to raise the valve or maybe put it up stream

maybe they dont, now that you mention it. Will see what happens and do what needs done to make them work

Plan is to run it on a test stand a week from this Thursday.
Then run it again while i am there next Friday, and pick it up.
If things go well, hopefully put it in that weekend.
My convertor should be back first of the week. He called me yesterday with it cut open, said he could do what i wanted done to it. Stator was correct, just has to adjust the fins to tighten it up in high gear.
Should hit hard where i want it and be tight in high gear.
With a 28 tire and 4.30 gear, the less rpm in high gear the better. Pretty little straw for 418 cubes to drink from

Ran the new bullet in yesterday. No leaks, sounds crisp and healthy.
My buddy is gonna help get it in the car Saturday... should be making noise hopefully early afternoon.
Got vert back from getting set for this combo already. Looking very forward to this for a while.
Thanks Scott, and Jack and crew @Valley performance and machine.

Plan is to run it on a test stand a week from this Thursday.
Then run it again while i am there next Friday, and pick it up.
If things go well, hopefully put it in that weekend.
My convertor should be back first of the week. He called me yesterday with it cut open, said he could do what i wanted done to it. Stator was correct, just has to adjust the fins to tighten it up in high gear.
Should hit hard where i want it and be tight in high gear.
With a 28 tire and 4.30 gear, the less rpm in high gear the better. Pretty little straw for 418 cubes to drink from

Who is doing, or did your convertor ??

Who is doing, or did your convertor ??

Quickdraw Convertors. Jason Brock out of Ohio. Mighty handy getting stuff right according to several buddies who wont use anybody else
It was originally built by PTC, never quite right behind my 360.

Last edited:
Well.... almost. Finish up tomorrow... this balancer was thicker, had to change spacing on alternator, radiator and hoses, fill tranny, then ready to fire...
7A7AA886-D118-45E3-BFCE-4D79625EE40B.jpeg

Last edited:
Got it running, all is well.
Made a couple of maiden hits on the street to shake her down.
I gotta admit.... for the first time in years in a car i smiled at something other than a win light.
She is pretty friggin spunky. Really super noticeable difference in how she accelerates, compared to the old piece.
If all goes well( weather, etc) plan to test and tune a week from next Fri night, then season opening race the next day.
Other than a bath, think the car is ready.

Well.... almost. Finish up tomorrow... this balancer was thicker, had to change spacing on alternator, radiator and hoses, fill tranny, then ready to fire...View attachment 1715724791
What’s your VC breather setup consist of? I assume you are not running a PCV of any sort from looking at the pictures

just what you see, the two breathers, one in each VC
Ok, just a bit blurry on my screen, looks like open breathers with at least a left side hose running somewhere, or perhaps those are the plug wires

Ok, just a bit blurry on my screen, looks like open breathers with hoses running somewhere, or perhaps those are the plug wires.

will try and get couple better pictures maybe tomorrow at work now that is all finished up.
Just two push in screened K&N type breathers, and baffled grommets. Yea, those are black Accel wires.
I drove it probably 10 miles today, no issues, no leaks, so i hope all is good. Really wanted to run these valve covers all along. So far, looks like i am gonna be able to

will try and get couple better pictures maybe tomorrow at work now that is all finished up.
Just two push in screened K&N type breathers, and baffled grommets. Yea, those are black Accel wires.
I drove it probably 10 miles today, no issues, no leaks, so i hope all is good. Really wanted to run these valve covers all along. So far, looks like i am gonna be able to
I was just curious on how you handled the breather setup with those, as I’m pretty sure they are the same height with no baffles same as the gold ones I have. I am currently running a pcv and a closed breather similar to the Chrysler setup with a Moroso separator and so far so good, but took a few try’s with improvised baffles to prevent sucking oil and having enough rocker adjuster clearance. First try it failed. Not much room for squat!

Last edited:
-
Back