GPS Stolen Vehicle Recovery Systems

-

sbh126

Reaction score
I just bought a gps tracking system from RMT and was wondering if anybody else uses this system and how they like it. Anybody use LoJack? What systems are worth it and which are crap.

Maybe now I'll be able to sleep better now that I wont have to worry about waking up to a missing car. lol

I installed many of those on high risk buyers cars for the owner of a used car lot.

They were "data track" systems, and worked very well with real time tracking via internet.

Thet recovered many vehicles with these and I would pull them out of recovered cars and reinstall them in other cars.

I always hid the antenna under the plastic part of the dash since the sat signal can see the antenna through the plastic, just not metal.

I always picked up the power and ground signal from the radio wiring towards the rear of the harness and taped it up real nice so nobody could tell.

There are alot of conections that come with the system such as a remote kill, but all I ever wired up was power and ground, plugged in the back up battery, into the main unit, and plugged in the antenna.

Hide the antenna under the dash and wedge it between the ac ductwork or other tight area to keep it snug, don't kink the antenna wires just make sure its directly under the dash surface with no metal obstruction.

Wrap foam around the heavy back up battery and hide it low and out of sight under the dash, and wrap the main unit in foam or bubble wrap to keep it from rattling.You can also use big zip ties if you have to so it don't come ajar.

Then you switch on the unit and go through a test through the call center to see if it is working propery and they can find you via sat.

It's a cool system and you can keep track of wayward teenagers, slutty Wives or girlfriends and pretty much anyone else as long as you have about an hour of access to their car.

-
Back