Grant 4313 vs Pilot SW-900 install kit - Blinker cancel?

-

Steve69Fish

Reaction score
I bought a nice wood Grant steering wheel from Pep Boys with their 35% off deal last week and though they had a bunch of Grant install kits, they did not have the 4313 kit. Instead they had a kit from Pilot (kit SW-900) which lists as the right kit for Chrysler 68-72 Std. Col. Chrysler models and compatible with Grant wheels. It's basically a Grant kit, same hub style and all components match. However, the back of the hub has a couple of grooves in the collar around the threaded steering shaft channel, but these do not cancel the blinker. I think I have seen a Grant hub with a nub that projects out from the collar that would perform the cancel, but can't seem to find it. Grant's site does not show the back of the hub in 4313 kit. Can anyone confirm that the hub in the Grant 4313 kit does have the signal cancel provision?

Here's what I'm working on:
WoodWheel.jpg

Yes, I know. I'm going to get rid of that awful shift light from the PO (doesn't appear to be hooked up anyway) and move the fuel gauge up there if I can ever get it working. For the curious, as I've received questions before, the horn button was on the old Grant wheel that came in the car. Can't seem to find that anywhere, so pulled it off the old wheel for use on the new. That install was incorrect too - no horn connections, wrong hub, etc., so can't just reuse the kit that was in at time of purchase.

Last edited:
I have a brand new canceling type hub with horn copper ring for Mopar that came with my new wheel that I didn't use because the one on it from the grant it had worked just fine and is in good condition.
Let me know if you think it can help you, and in the meantime I'll see if I can find the install kit number it came from.
I know for a fact it was a Grant kit for Mopar.

Found it.
The box says C03-5P and came from Forever Sharp wheels with my billet wheel.
I'll see if I can find it on the net and post back.

From what I can see on the kit you have it doesn't have the cancelation stud for the signals.
This brand new billet adapter I have does, and it fits the three hole spacer/adapter for the 5 hole wheel and my center cap looks just like yours does.

New Wheel.jpg

Last edited:
I have a brand new canceling type hub with horn copper ring for Mopar that came with my new wheel that I didn't use because the one on it from the grant it had worked just fine and is in good condition.
Let me know if you think it can help you, and in the meantime I'll see if I can find the install kit number it came from.
I know for a fact it was a Grant kit for Mopar.

Found it.
The box says C03-5P and came from Forever Sharp wheels with my billet wheel.
I'll see if I can find it on the net and post back.

From what I can see on the kit you have it doesn't have the cancelation stud for the signals.
This brand new billet adapter I have does, and it fits the three hole spacer/adapter for the 5 hole wheel and my center cap looks just like yours does.

View attachment 1714956765
Thank you very much, Trailbeast. I went on and ordered the 4313 kit last night. Several sites where you can order it indicate it is the proper kit. I saw a picture of its hub from the front and it has the copper disk attached, so I am hoping it is the right one with the cancel on the bottom. When it arrives, I'll post to all a confirmation of whether it is or isn't.

Confirmation to anyone who is wondering - the Grant 4313 steering wheel installation kit does have the proper hub with the copper plate to ride the horn wheel and the signal cancel nub on the hub.
Grant4313.jpg

-
Back