Great site thanks for accepting

-

67Bar318

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 1967 Barracuda fastback. I took out slant 6 putting in 318. Going from auto to manual trans. Also just pulled out ps going to manual. Picked it up 2 yrs ago. It has disc front brakes from 73 cuda. I just did ball joints upper lower, uca & lca bushings, strut rod bushings. I had a 73 Cuda but got rid of it when I moved to Florida. Lou

Hi, I have a 1967 Barracuda fastback. I took out slant 6 putting in 318. Going from auto to manual trans. Also just pulled out ps going to manual. Picked it up 2 yrs ago. It has disc front bri haveakes from 73 cuda. I just did ball joints upper lower, uca & lca bushings, strut rod bushings. I had a 73 Cuda but got rid of it when I moved to Florida. Lou
I have been reading posts on steering coupler. Question I have is steering coupler from ps to manual . Do I change to manual coupler or are they same.

Welcome to FABO, you may have better feedback if you ask your question in that particular forum. There are a lot of people that excel in different subject matter. You will find what you need this is a great forum, and good luck with your project.

I have been reading posts on steering coupler. Question I have is steering coupler from ps to manual . Do I change to manual coupler or are they same.

1179.jpeg

I am pretty sure you must use a manual steering column for a manual box, the column shaft is longer. If you have a power steering column and a manual box you must purchase an extended coupler, it can be searched on the net or on this forum, they make them for this purpose.

Welcome to FABO, you may have better feedback if you ask your question in that particular forum. There are a lot of people that excel in different subject matter. You will find what you need this is a great forum, and good luck with your project.
Thanks.

I am pretty sure you must use a manual steering column for a manual box, the column shaft is longer. If have a power steering column and a manual box you must purchase an extended coupler, it can be searched on the net or on this forum, they make them for this purpose.
Yes I bought extender from Mancini, just wanted to cleanup coupler while motor out and easier to do it all now.

Extender
I've done a modified column before it's not really recommended you have to break the shear pins in it , you can get an extended coupler.
I picked up
I've done a modified column before it's not really recommended you have to break the shear pins in it , you can get an extended coupler.
Extender, just wanted to know if coupler i can use is for manual with the column that used power steering. Thanks

Screenshot_20230217-193256.jpg

-
Back