green bearings

-

dusterbd13

Reaction score
ive had a set for 12 years in my 8.75. one has gone bad, and i still havent decided on wether or not im going 8.8.

id like to finish the fall out before tearing major into the car anyway.

so im going to throw another set of green bearings at it.

ive looked all over, and seen a bunch of places selling them for a unch of different prices.

im assuming that the green bearings are a factory application from something, and therefore have a NAPA replacementy number. am i right?
if not, who has them cheapest ( or at least inexpensively with good customer service?)

thanks
michael

id happily by from dr. diff, but hes out and wont have any for a few weeks. id like to get this car back under me sooner than that, if possible. ive already missed driving it to my 10 year high school reunion, and on my birthday. dont wanna miss our beach trip in the beginning of november.

and i know greens are still availible, just trying to figure out from who, or if i can get them from NAPA by part number.

Can you get just the bearings? Or do you have to buy the "kit"?

I'll have to look at mine and see if they have a number on them.

See your local mom and pop parts store, leave that napa big chain china supply house alone...
They'll be able to get your bearings

if someone could get the number for me, that would be great. i cant have the car down in my work bay too long. cant make any money that way...

and id go to the local parts house, if we had one. weve got a NAPA, autozone, and advance. i buy my parts from NAPA for just that reason.

michael

Just so you ARE aware.....the green bearings are actually not as strong as the original tapered roller type. Only reason people swap over is just to eliminate the manual adjuster.

Just so you ARE aware.....the green bearings are actually not as strong as the original tapered roller type. Only reason people swap over is just to eliminate the manual adjuster.

OP stated he has had them in the car for 12 years. I think he was just asking for the bearing number and not a what's better thread.

ive heard that before from various sources, and ive heard it refuted as well.

i know with my experience, i bought used moser axles and green bearings with unknown milage and abuse. put 12K on them myself, and an extreme amount of abuse back when it was my daily in college in the mountains. im pleased with their durability at this point in time. also, i kind of have to run them with most rear disc packages.

but at this point, i just want to drive the car until it starts snowing/raining a lot/gets too dark and cold to enjoy it.

any suggestions on a good price for the snap ring style? Dr. diff gts 75 for the pair, but hes out of stock.

ive heard that before from various sources, and ive heard it refuted as well.

i know with my experience, i bought used moser axles and green bearings with unknown milage and abuse. put 12K on them myself, and an extreme amount of abuse back when it was my daily in college in the mountains. im pleased with their durability at this point in time. also, i kind of have to run them with most rear disc packages.

but at this point, i just want to drive the car until it starts snowing/raining a lot/gets too dark and cold to enjoy it.

any suggestions on a good price for the snap ring style? Dr. diff gts 75 for the pair, but hes out of stock.

I put mine on my Roadrunner years ago in the anticipation of going to rear disc brakes also. (Haven't done it yet). I'm trying to find a number for you, but it seams to be some sort of secret. LOL.

Got mine from the good Dr. a while back. The number on the box says MO400, "Green Bearing Company a subsidiary of Bearing Technologies Ltd." These are the snap ring style.

In my recent yearone a-body catalog it shows "green-style" axle bearing for 8 3/4 and dana 60 rear axle assemblies.

"this bearing is self aligning with double rows and held on by a snap ring on each side of the plate. No pre-load setting is required. Includes 1 axle shaft bearing,one bearing retainer sleeve,1 axle shaft seal and 1 axle flange gasket. for best results,these should be replaced in pairs."

part number per individual is # QW64 at a price of $75.95 ea or if you buy them as a pair the part number is # QW64P at a price of $149.00

hope that helps you out!.

also, if you order online at yearone.com ,on the weekends they do 20% discounts ( not sure how long the promotion will last so act fast) the promo code is " WEEKEND " ....but if you are in a rush and need to get them ordered now, I can still save you 15% if you use the promo cod " MOPARTS " or " NASTY15 " .

just enter the promo code at check out.

hope that helps you out buddy!

-
Back