greetings from australia

-
Reaction score
G'day mopar lovers

Ive been a mopar fan all my life, my dad always had Valiants and we grew up with them. My first car was a 1971 VG Valiant hardtop, i got it when i was 14 (1997) and did it up over the next few years on a teenagers budget (pics attached from then) I ended up getting it resprayed in 2001. I gave it to my dad, and swapped it for a charger later that year. long story short, my brother ended up with it, and totalled it. I got it off my dad last year and hope to bring it back to its former glory one day.

For now though, my focus is on the 1970 VG Valiant regal hardtop. This has been in the family since 2002ish, it was my brothers for ages. He floated the idea of selling it, so i said I would buy it. This was in 2019. I have been slowly stripping and restoring small parts in the background since then. Now I have a shed for it though, I am going to get a bit more serious with it.

I will have heaps of questions about stuff, whether it be disassembly of things or sourcing parts (once ive exhausted all other avenues)

Thanks

Nick

regal now.JPEG

blue vg 2001.JPEG

IMG_9946.JPEG

Welcome from Pennsylvania USA
Always liked the Aussie Mopars especially the UTE's
Good luck with your build
A lot of knowledge on this site
Everyone here loves pictures.

Welcome from Pennsylvania USA
Always liked the Aussie Mopars especially the UTE's
Good luck with your build
A lot of knowledge on this site
Everyone here loves pictures.
thanks mate. Yeah my favourite ute was the VE, 1967/68. I used to own a white one.. may get it back off dad one day...
the pic isnt mine, just an example of what it is.

2010d9bde6ac4739d0a03d4a508c1042.jpg

VE UTE.jpg

Great looking vehicle, looks like they used 2nd gen Barracuda tail lights. Wish they made them over here.
Loved the first pic, reminded me of family Sunday drives back in the mid 1960's, in Dad's 61 Plymouth wagon. My two sisters and me sitting in the far rear fold up seat facing rearward. No car seat, no seat belts and the three of us fighting all the way. LOL

-
Back