Harmonic balanser

-

rvh072

Reaction score
Hi all building a 410 stroker 11.1 eddy heads going with a lunati voodoo 553 lift will ny stock hb be ok?

what is the harmonic balancer off of....340 360 or what...?

biggest problem with OLD balancer is the outer ring slipping...

is the engine internally balanced or externally balanced....

In your case it depends on the RPM level you plan on turning. Whether you use stock or aftermarket, I'd buy a new one, because the rubber ring inside them degrades and will either fail (worst case), or give you inaccurate timing readings. Sounds like you've got some decent money in your new motor, why cut corners on the balancer?

More info needed..... Whose/what stroker parts are you using? For example, SCAT kits are internally balanced and a 360 damper will not work with that.

Get a new one. There inexpensive unless you opt. To spend big. New MP units (Quality part by the way) can be purchase from Summitracing for under $150 for an internal balanced engine.

I totally got this one !!
I have a 410 stroker and here's a picture of the one rotating part I tried to reuse, what it did ( and I was lucky it didn't grind through the timing chain cover or go the other way and fly off!!!), and what I replaced it with. The one I replaced it with was not really expensive and it is adaptable to internal and external balance. My only recommendation on any part: MAKE SUMMIT PRICE MATCH !!! I think summit wanted something like $105 for this and I had them match flee bay or Amazon- like $64 to my door....
View attachment 20150801_133227-1.jpg

View attachment 20150802_103018.jpg

View attachment 20150804_143711.jpg

Thanks for the feedback guys. Think i'll get a new one upon what i just read.

-
Back