Has anybody purchased parts from Grey Thompson?

-

intergalactica

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in purchasing some parts from Grey Thompson from Colorado Springs. I found him on Facebook on the Barracuda's Unlimited site. Has anybody ever purchased from him?

I usually buy items from FABO members (or on eBay) and transactions have always gone smooth. I just want to make sure Grey Thompson is legit since he wants to be paid via PayPal using Friends and Family which will leave me at a disadvantage if he turns out to be a scammer.

Any advice?

tell him you will pay the pp fees see what he says .

Yep !!

If he doesn't what to then pass on the part since you don't know him personally and/or personally know anyone that also personally knows him.

Scammer

All I did was search within the Barracuda's unlimited group for "Grey Thompson"

It's literally three steps:

1728252962985.png

Then I look at ALL his post and read ALL the replies.

These are the reply's on the 4th and 5th post in this For Sale group:

1728252760545.png

1728252774033.png

Isn't the IRS watching PP transactions? Maybe the dude is just trying to avoid being assessed for the income tax?

Isn't the IRS watching PP transactions? Maybe the dude is just trying to avoid being assessed for the income tax?

The limit is 5K this year for "goods/service" payments for them to send you a 1099 form. Used to be 20K IIRC. It keeps coming done.

JMO, if you don't know the person well, and haven't done any transactions or know their history, I would pass on buying before sending money via F&F.

Some folks that do take PP, don't like the 1099 reporting side, still file taxes and don't need to be nanny stated into doing the right thing. Just a personal observation

I did see one post that said he was legit. But know one asked that question in that thread.

And the posts that said he was a scammer. He never replied to refute them. odd

He has a large amount of nice and rare parts that all of a sudden popped up for sale in July. I'm looking at his personal main page.

This Grey Thompsons' prices are all over the map. Gas Tank for $490. But NOS Charger fender for $200 ???

1728255850259.png

Now I look at all of his picture postings. ... Well I know some people that are in the picture from a Mopar club in Palm Springs CA. And it seems this is a older gentleman with a newer Challenger. Post go to 2020 then stop.

And then come back in 2024. All car parts. 3 pictures of people. Don't look like guy in 2020's pictures.

This person might have passed away and someone got ahold of their Facebook account.

Last edited:
I'm interested in purchasing some parts from Grey Thompson from Colorado Springs. I found him on Facebook on the Barracuda's Unlimited site. Has anybody ever purchased from him?

I usually buy items from FABO members (or on eBay) and transactions have always gone smooth. I just want to make sure Grey Thompson is legit since he wants to be paid via PayPal using Friends and Family which will leave me at a disadvantage if he turns out to be a scammer.

Any advice?
Yeah. Don't be stupid. Pay with Paypal goods and services. Tell him you'll pay the fees. If he balks, you know it's a scam.

No sense taking a chance. I got burned for $200 on a bumper. I'll take the high road every time now. With suspicions like you are having....I think you know your answer.

Hopefully not a problem with the moderators here, but maybe a tip what kind of parts you are considering will get you some better ideas here anyway??
I was looking for the rear window stainless steel trim for a notch
back Barracuda.

Pay one our Colorado Springs member to go pay him in cash .
They could inspect the parts at same time .

-
Back