Has anyone seen these before.

-

Crossrammed340

Basin street Blue survivor
Reaction score
Here is a set of truly rare " HUSTLE STUFF " Try-Y headers. I bought them from a well know trusted Mopar guy who live's in Detroit MI he bought them from a retired Chrysler engineer who was a small block fanatic . He had a room full of experimental small block part's that never came into production stuff all over the place. These were expensive when new and very few were sold. The gentleman i got them from bought 1 complete set with the Y pipes and a set without Y pipes. I bought the complete set as original. Painted Red from the factory i had them metallic ceramic coated a cast Gray because at the time Red wasen't avalible in powder coat. what do you guy' think of them ?.

IMG_0740[1].JPG

IMG_0742[1].JPG

IMG_0743[1].JPG

IMG_0745[1].JPG

Last edited:
I think they look great! And the Tri-Y's have a good rep among Chevy aficionados. Only thing I can say is run 'em and see how they compare.

I think they look great! And the Tri-Y's have a good rep among Chevy aficionados. Only thing I can say is run 'em and see how they compare.
Thanks a few more pics
Yup, you're right. Those are cool. @Bighead440 might have seen some before.
I picked them up at Carlisle years ago in person diden't want them shipped in fear of damage. I was carrying them on my shoulder's and everyone was staring at them i figured they had never seen a set before then out of the Blue some guy ran up to me he was excited and said i know what those are where did you get them . I told him who i bought them from and the gut knew him he offered me a thousand dollar's on the spot he even pulled the cash out in 100s i declined lol.

Thanks a few more pics

I picked them up at Carlisle years ago in person diden't want them shipped in fear of damage. I was carrying them on my shoulder's and everyone was staring at them i figured they had never seen a set before then out of the Blue some guy ran up to me he was excited and said i know what those are where did you get them . I told him who i bought them from and the gut knew him he offered me a thousand dollar's on the spot he even pulled the cash out in 100s i declined lol.

They are pretty cool for sure.

Thank what i love about them is how rare they are ill be the only one with a set on my car. Ill also put my hood tach on, my Motor wheel Spyder wheels, my N.O.S Sun Blue line gauges , Do you know anyone who has a 71-72 Duster or Demon with a V3 folding sunroof im looking for on in any condition as long as it's complete, Ed.

Those headers look very similar to what was used in Chrysler's "kit car" oval track program...EXTREMELY cool!!

I'd be surprised if someone wouldn't be interested in repopping those- Jardine, Stahl, even Layson's... you've got the perfect pair to scan for a cnc program.

Very cool for sure!
Did you mount them before powder coating?
Are you using power steering ?

These can only be used on manual steering cars PS box way to big they won't fit.

The Borgeson box may fit . Ad for them is on the right side of this sites home page. I don't think it takes up any more room than the manual steering box but may be worth a call if you want power steering.

Ive been told the Y pipe was very long for a specific reason. You can cut them shorter and that helps tune them whatever that means i guess that mean's less back pressure more HP.

As the other guy said, get them scanned before you fit them, atleast that way you have a way to reproduce down the track. Don't let that opportunity slip away.

The Borgeson box may fit . Ad for them is on the right side of this sites home page. I don't think it takes up any more room than the manual steering box but may be worth a call if you want power steering.

He could also convert to electric assist.

-
Back