Has anyone tried these Summit headers?

-
Brain, I have used those "1 size fits all" headers before on my '73 Cuda with excellent fit, though, I'd consider myself lucky since there not allways made exactly the same everytime nor is every car body exactly the same.

I have seen mix reviews here @ FABO with these headers. It is a bummer that affordable headers have certain cave eats.

Poor quality control
3 tubes under the steering linkage on the drivers side
The need to ding/dent the header for clearance
etc...

Just do not over tighten the header bolts to the head. The thin flange will warp on the center 2 port causeing the flange to bow and never be able to be sealed up. Just a few foot lbs. is all it needs.

Hey Rumblefish, thanks for the response! You know, that's actually a better review of these than I was expecting! ha ha... Good tip on the flange warpage with over-tightening. I might go with these. If I do, I'll put up a post with the results of the fitment.

Hi Badart,

Thanks for the link! I guess I shouldn't have been so lazy and did a search in the first place. Sounds like its kind of a hit and miss proposition. I think with my budget at the moment, they might be the way to go!

You get what you pay for. They are not all that bad but if yu can I would save up a little more and get a good set of headers the first tme. Like a set of Dougs. Better to buy the right part the first time. IMO.

I just put them on my 68 Barracuda with power steering and they went on without having to dent them to fit. I did put a washer under the driverside motor mount as it's old and sagging. I might add one to the passenger side as that is where they hang the lowest on my car. I have pics in my profile. Mine were actually from Jegs but they must be the same thing.

-
Back