Have you had gall bladder problems?

-

toolmanmike

Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
My gall bladder may be on it's way out. Dr. appointment on Monday. Anybody else have problems. I have lower right side back pain and a half dozen other symptoms that seem to fit. Mike

My gall bladder may be on it's way out. Dr. appointment on Monday. Anybody else have problems. I have lower right side back pain and a half dozen other symptoms that seem to fit. Mike
Not sure about men Mike, but my wife and one of the ladies that I work with had thiers out, my wife would get sick and throw up like morning sickness, same with the work lady, they both had back pain. the surgery is pretty routine now, although my wife has some bladder control problems since, not so with the other lady altough my wife is 52 and Michelle is only 42. good luck I'lll keep you in the prayers,
tl

I've never had any problems but my daughter had hers out, my cousin just 2 weeks ago had his removed..I understand it's not a really invasive operation and normally done on outpatient basis...my sister in law just had hers done but was admitted because of high blood pressure, but was out the next day. Good luck with it...

I been dealing with a hot one for a while... comes and goes. Oddly enough one of the symptoms is a sharp pain in your shoulder...
Going to have to get mine scrapped soon.

Good luck.

-RPM

I'm glad your getting it checked out brother, my gall bladder almost killed me. Oct 8th of 2006 I awoke about 12:15 am in lower right abdomen pain and vomiting. I figured I had the flu and by 6:00 am I knew it wasn't the flu. Got to the hospital and they had to do emergency surgery. My gall bladder was the worst the surgeon had ever seen. I developed a bad infection and was in an induced coma for about 10 full days and a week of recovery after that. It changed my life. I never take a day for granted any more. no one is guaranteed tomorrow. Total cost $225,000 bucks to the insurance company. MMG

Hey Mike,
My wife had her's out a couple of years ago. Fatty foods brought on a lot of pain. It was a day proceedure. In and out the same day. She was back taking care of our son who was not even a year at the time the same day even though she was supposed to rest. It's not like the old days when you were down for 2 wks. Good luck.

I'm glad your getting it checked out brother, my gall bladder almost killed me. Oct 8th of 2006 I awoke about 12:15 am in lower right abdomen pain and vomiting. I figured I had the flu and by 6:00 am I knew it wasn't the flu. Got to the hospital and they had to do emergency surgery. My gall bladder was the worst the surgeon had ever seen. I developed a bad infection and was in an induced coma for about 10 full days and a week of recovery after that. It changed my life. I never take a day for granted any more. no one is guaranteed tomorrow. Total cost $225,000 bucks to the insurance company. MMG

Wow, what a story! Did the pain just come on without warning, or looking back, was there prior pain, or some other signs? Or from perfectly fine to waking up in pain out of nowhere? Glad you came through okay.

Wow, what a story! Did the pain just come on without warning, or looking back, was there prior pain, or some other signs? Or from perfectly fine to waking up in pain out of nowhere? Glad you came through okay.
I've been very healthy all my life, very rarely ever even sick. Looking back I had about 6 to 8 month warning that something was wrong. I would get cramps with spicy foods, fatty foods, and just being very tired and week. I thought it was just from over working/stress. I just ignored it because I don't have time to be sick. Almost cost me my life. The surgeon said that the gall blader was 100% blocked by the time I got to the hospital and was gangrenous. I thank Jesus Christ everyday for sparing my life.

I've been very healthy all my life, very rarely ever even sick. Looking back I had about 6 to 8 month warning that something was wrong. I would get cramps with spicy foods, fatty foods, and just being very tired and week. I thought it was just from over working/stress. I just ignored it because I don't have time to be sick. Almost cost me my life. The surgeon said that the gall blader was 100% blocked by the time I got to the hospital and was gangrenous. I thank Jesus Christ everyday for sparing my life.

Thanks for the answer. I figured as much. I imagine it's so hard to be proactive and know what is a real symptom and what is just "life" or aging, other than just getting regular checkups and hope they happen to by chance catch something early.

That sounds where I'm at. I go in on Monday. Off to emergency if I have problems during the weekend.

"Total cost $225,000 bucks to the insurance company"

Scary stuff MMG I can't imagine what I cost my insurance company and the Government for my health problems.

Yeah, looking back it was a very scary time. I guess all of us are the same and put things off right to the end. Remember my story and if something seems wrong, go get it checked out. Do it for your family. God Gave me a second chance at life and I live each day to its fullest. My advice to everyone is keep God #1, love until it hurts, always have forgiveness in your heart, and keep a great sense of humor(laugh everyday my friends). MMG

That sounds where I'm at. I go in on Monday. Off to emergency if I have problems during the weekend.

Yes, Don't mess around with a bad gall bladder. Normal surgery is laproscopic and is pretty much outpatient. As MoparMuscleGuy said, if it goes bad, they carve you up to clean up the infection. Takes months to recover, I had mine out years ago and just felt nausious. My Wife insisted we go to the Emergency Ward. Evidently I have a high tolerance for pain. Doc told me they almost didn't catch it. He said I should not have been able to stand upright, as bad as mine was. Almost the same story as MoparMuscleGuy, but they caught mine just in time. Take Care!

A good friend of mine went thru this. The attacks were very painful and were brought on by eating fatty or fried foods. As others have said, the surgery is a breeze. You're given general anesthesia. The surgeon makes a couple small incisions where he injects nitrogen into your abdomen to give himself space to work. Then using a camera (laproscope) he will snip your gallbladder, clamp it off, and fish it out your belly button. Later on that same day you go home. You will have a sore belly button and a bloated abdomen afterwords, that's all.

A good friend of mine went thru this. The attacks were very painful and were brought on by eating fatty or fried foods. As others have said, the surgery is a breeze. You're given general anesthesia. The surgeon makes a couple small incisions where he injects nitrogen into your abdomen to give himself space to work. Then using a camera (laproscope) he will snip your gallbladder, clamp it off, and fish it out your belly button. Later on that same day you go home. You will have a sore belly button and a bloated abdomen afterwords, that's all.

That's pretty much how it is. I just had mine removed last tuesday. My belly button area is still tender, but other than that it is all good. I was suffering from back pains that would occur after eating fatty foods during the day and almost every night around 2:30 or 3:00 I would wake up with back pains. Since the surgery, I have had no back pain and I sleep through the night! I even ate a greasy large lasagne the other day and no back pain!

The bad part is I haven't been out to the garage in a week and a half. I tried doing a bit of work in the basement a few days after the surgery and that was a huge mistake.

Wife had hers removed, outpatient surgery. Her incision got infected, other than that no big deal....

-
Back