Head Conformation

-

69signetv8

Reaction score
A while back I asked a question about my heads without an answer and was wondering if someone could in lighten me about them.

My motor is a 318. I was offered and bought a set of heads a while back and at that time didn't know much about heads...but the seller said it was a good deal for 150.00. They are listed as the following:

#(4027596)
81-83, 318 HP (cast-in 360)
Valves: 1.88" / 1.60"
Chamber: 66cc / 72.5cc

I understand the above information, however I have not heard much about them and their use on other motors. If I'm correct to say...and please let me know if I'm wrong. I take it with these heads, there's no loss of compression due to there a 318 head with kinda 360 guts??? There also a direct bolt on unlike 360 heads. I had been told once they were ment for police cars with 318??? Does anyone else use these? Are they rare or hard to get.

Thanks for any feedback on your knowlege about them.

69signetv8 said:
A while back I asked a question about my heads without an answer and was wondering if someone could in lighten me about them.

My motor is a 318. I was offered and bought a set of heads a while back and at that time didn't know much about heads...but the seller said it was a good deal for 150.00. They are listed as the following:

#(4027596)
81-83, 318 HP (cast-in 360)
Valves: 1.88" / 1.60"
Chamber: 66cc / 72.5cc

I understand the above information, however I have not heard much about them and their use on other motors. If I'm correct to say...and please let me know if I'm wrong. I take it with these heads, there's no loss of compression due to there a 318 head with kinda 360 guts??? There also a direct bolt on unlike 360 heads. I had been told once they were ment for police cars with 318??? Does anyone else use these? Are they rare or hard to get.

Thanks for any feedback on your knowlege about them.

I looked a little deeper....and found they are a crap set of heads...(my luck)

there's no loss of compression due to there a 318 head with kinda 360 guts??? There also a direct bolt on unlike 360 heads. I had been told once they were ment for police cars with 318??? Does anyone else use these? Are they rare or hard to get.

No, the 318 came with these heads and had a lower comp. ratio because of it. They could have been stock heads for a 318 in cop cars, I don't know.
They are a direct bolt on. There 360 heads.
They are not hard or rare heads, I have a set awaiting porting.

I looked a little deeper....and found they are a crap set of heads..
The can be ported out very well or just a little. That head will respond very well with the basic HP treatments.

Multi angle valve cut, port matching and bowl porting will make for an excellent street strip head. You'll have to step it up for use on a 318 to take advantage of the heads potentail. It can make for a very potent 318.

-
Back