Head gasket for an? Eddy head

-

Valkman

Reaction score
Just got a deal on a new set of 60775 heads. The Edelbrock website recommends 7326 gaskets, can anyone comment on these. I have a couple of sets of Felpro 8553's would they work? I've read that the 1008 were recommended, but there pretty pricey.

They are going on a street 408 with 9.5:1 compression

Been using Edelbrock heads on 2 different engines using the RECOMMENDED 1008's if $40 for a head gasket is pricey your in the wrong hobby..

Been using Edelbrock heads on 2 different engines using the RECOMMENDED 1008's if $40 for a head gasket is pricey your in the wrong hobby..
Nothing wrong with aking a question to possibly save $80 Not all of us are made of money, it doesn't mean we still can't play!

Nothing wrong with aking a question to possibly save $80 Not all of us are made of money, it doesn't mean we still can't play!

1008's 38 bucks a pair on rockauto

I'd always hoped the cometic mls could be used with ed heads.

Guess not.

1008's with the Eddy aluminum heads. I thought $80 bucks was a lot also. Spoke with my engine machinist and he also recommended the 1008's! Aluminum has a much different coefficient of thermal expansion than cast iron. Felpro blue are fine with cast iron heads. 65'

Can anyone comment on the P4349557 gasket

I wouldn't hesitate to use the 8553, but the darn thing is .053" thick compressed.

When I had the piston .018" proud of the block I used them at 11:1 compression. It is a shame that the engine was only making 600+ HP with those junk head gaskets.

I wouldn't hesitate to use the 8553, but the darn thing is .053" thick compressed.

When I had the piston .018" proud of the block I used them at 11:1 compression. It is a shame that the engine was only making 600+ HP with those junk head gaskets.
Thanks IQ52 this is a street engine so I'm not wanting crazy compression. I was going use J heads shaved .030 but theses Eddy heads should raise the compression a bit. I found a set of MP P4349557 for $25 on Amazon so I popped on that. Since I never got a reponse about these, I'll update you all when I get them to see if they are indeed 1008's

Last edited:
I have re installed my 1008s three times, that means they are on the fourth install, so by now .......
they are the cheapest head gaskets I ever bought, and over 100,000 miles and counting
Your results may vary.......
10.9 Scr

BTW
You can run a lotta cylinder pressure with those Eddies, and pump gas. If you don't,IMO, you are kindof cheating yourself. I have run over 190 psi on 87E10 with 32/34 degrees power-timing, which is all my Combo seems to need. But that kindof pressure needs the 1008s. I'm currently running about 180.
I almost blew out the .028s (Orange ones I think),at about 11.3Scr/ just over 200psi, and it didn't take long.I caught it at tear-down during the first winter's inspection.

Last edited:
Oh, reason I ask is ill be running cometics ones on my build with edelbrock heads just due to boost.

You can. There are now different Cometic PN's for Edlebrock or EQ heads versus the standard PN's for iron heads. I can't tell you the difference between the 2 types.

I thought you could, reading some of these made me start to double think. Thank you nm9stheham.

You can. There are now different Cometic PN's for Edlebrock or EQ heads versus the standard PN's for iron heads. I can't tell you the difference between the 2 types.

I have the Cometics that are for Eddy or EQ heads.

Looking on Summit racing..on the Cometics show this statement "Designed to fit engines with 318A Engine Quest or Edelbrock aftermarket cylinder heads."

Now with the Eddys being aluminum and the EQ being being iron ... going what Summit has stated... it doesn't matter if the heads are aluminum or iron.

I wonder what the difference is between these gaskets versus standard iron heads?

Score!!!! I said I'd get back with you all when got the MP gaskets, and yes they are 1008's. Got them for $25 for the pair, but the price shot up to $85 after I bought it :rolleyes: that's the way Amazon works some times.

20180407_160305.jpg

-
Back