Header Chat

-
..............I really liked the 2 3s that were on my 67 dart gt........dual exhaust rocks..........kim..........
Thank you! I was waiting on somebody to say it.

I've been shopping and I'm not forking out the money on a 1 piece header, to me that's not much of an improvement over a properly ported manifold. If I can't find a good set of decently priced, long tube, two piece headers that I can run dual exhaust with an X pipe with than I'd rather port my manifold and run 2-1/4" single exhaust so I can spend my hard earned money on something else.

I want to put a ''hypothetical'' question out there for you to ponder.
IF a U.S. company was thinking of doing slant headers and wanted to do long tube that fit both the 170 low block and the 198/225 tall block, would there be any interest ?? They would come coated and be high quality, also be for high mount starter location.
What would you like to see 3=3 for duals. 6=1 for single exhaust, or some type of tri Y design ?
Again I'm just putting this out there as headers have been a subject on several forums. Please be honest with your replies as this could become a reality if enough interest is shown.

With out reading any replies I say yes BIG TIME
I had a member build my 170 dual's because there is no one offering a 170/ header at all........ :violent1:

Don't be teasing us now! ya here =P~

Opps!! if they fit perfect and has more flow :glasses7: ether for me :cheers:

Thank you! I was waiting on somebody to say it.

I've been shopping and I'm not forking out the money on a 1 piece header, to me that's not much of an improvement over a properly ported manifold. If I can't find a good set of decently priced, long tube, two piece headers that I can run dual exhaust with an X pipe with than I'd rather port my manifold and run 2-1/4" single exhaust so I can spend my hard earned money on something else.

Your exit is already 2 1/4 :eek:ops: you must be talking about porting the entrance :glasses7:

The best header set-up for an inline 6 is 1=6, 2=5, 3=4, then 3 into 1 at a 2 & 1/2 " outlet....will give the best of both worlds for Tq & HP through the rev range.....of course that will depend on diameter/length of primary, diameter/length of secondary pipes, and the volume of the collectors they each go into.
They don't make anything like that here for a Slant 6, so I got the best ones available here........

I like this design. If I were to decide to go to duals, I could break out the carbide wheel and cut the Y-pipe off.

On the issue of price, it seems like everything with a Mopar in the description costs more than for brand X. It seems to me that anything with /6 ups even that by about a third. Yet many of us, sometimes grudgingly, pay these prices because we believe Mopar is the best and quality costs. The proposed product would need to be as effective in the horsepower department as anything else out there and fit with the most popular intakes without a problem. If the manufacturer can't deliver this, then I'd recommend he try to beat his competitors on price.

Attachments

• slant6 exhaust header.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 156
6pak, They know about the proper flange thickness, so no 5/16 nuts welded to a thin flange to take up space.(old Mopar Performance).Looks like Clifford type flange works best. Until we get into the R&D with a car(later this summer)Wrencher,It will be a while before they come up with a cost I assume.They are aware that Slanters are watchful with a dollar.(I know I am)The R&D will be done using a Factory iron intake and a Clifford 4bbl intake as they are the most used. I also will supply a Offy for comparison.

I like :cheers: and congratulation you are on your move to get this finely dun :cheers:
It looks like you know what we need :glasses7: and I hope the best for us all

Attachments

• Picture 222 089.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 137
  • EXHAUST%202010%20002.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 147
I like my design
IMG_20120321_073108.jpg

IMG_20120322_095311.jpg

Just messing with you guys:burnout:

Me to like :glasses7: getting there for sure :cheers:

Your exit is already 2 1/4 :eek:ops: you must be talking about porting the entrance :glasses7:
Yes I was memike, thank you for clarifying cause I see I definitely forgot to specify where the porting would be performed lol!

It seems to me there was a guy not too long ago that was making hedders for slants on this site. He had many different types and applications and he has pretty much vanished like a fart in the wind. I am thinking his prices maybe were up in range or maybe these hedders never came to be, I dont know? I will tell you I have a set of 'super comps' 3 to 1 type and I am about to get them blasted and coated for install later this year. My big issue is not knowing exactly how to go about having 'shims' to correct the thick intake and thin hedder flange issues. Yeah, I know a small nut tacked on in the right place will solve issues but in my honest opinion it pretty much looks like garbage with that space by the tube showing. I am wondering why Hooker would not just make a spacer flange the same as the hedder flange that could be put on correcting the different thickness prior to mounting the hedder? After all, I like to show what I build and I want people to see good workmanship and I want to feel good about what I am building too so for me its not just about if it works! Now, make me a set of duals that fit right, look right, same thickness on the flange, coat them, and have an affordable tag on them and I am IN!!! If not perhaps machine some material into a perfect spacer flange that corrects different thickness and maybe you can get some buyers on this from people who already have good hedders already. I dont see ANYBODY doing this as of yet?? Just my two cents!
Chas.

If you look at the Aussie Headers,you will see a small button that has been welded on to take up the 5/16 slack !! If you do the washers just right (PITA) you will never even be able to tell what has been done !!

ChazRam, It's going to be late summer before any R&D will be done on this project.
Gathering parts(170 & 225 engine) and at least one car, (early a cuz it's what I got). to take to the manufacturer. Just gathering info to give to them on what is wanted out in the Slant world. I will be away from any computer access for the next 6 to 8 weeks so bear with me on answering any questions till I return. Again just doing the leg work for them, Let's hope that they will come up with a product that will be acceptable both price and quality.

-
Back