Header coatings

-

IL duster

Reaction score
Anybody ever done them before, like Jet Hot? Are they worth the time and money? I have a cheap hooker set, nothing like TTI's or anything. Just wondering what the benefits are. And also if anybody has any suggestions on where to send them to get coated that we be great to.

From everything I have read an exterior coating is mostly cosmetic, interior and exterior coating will make the headers last longer.

Gee! The couple of sets of headers I have had that were not coated rotted away from the outside. In my case one of those coatings on just the outside would have extended the life of the headers considerably.

There is a place in Waverly, NE that coats exhaust systems. I priced Jet-Hot & these guys were a lot cheaper, plus they were in driving distance of where I lived at the time. I had an entire header & exhaust system for an air cooled VW done about 5 years ago & it cost me $125. They did both the inside & outside of the header & heater boxes (for those of you who might know what those are), & only the outside of the mufflers if I remember correctly. Can't say how well it held up because that project went on the back burner & the exhaust is still sitting in the back seat of the car in storage. I think the name of the company was Moore Power Coatings. They were a small business working out of a metal shop building in an alley, but when I first talked to them they were in the middle of coating a large order of "shorty" style headers for Speedway Motors, which is located in Lincoln, NE & is very well known.

:burnout:

-
Back