Headers, 72 Duster 360 w-power steering

-

oldirish

Reaction score
I've tried to read all the related posts about this question. A Lot of the posts are older with some conflicting opinions

Is TTI still the best option for a 360 a-body with power steering or is there something new.

I need to order them right away.

Thanks for any advice.

I've installed alotta both.
I now only install Doug's, they both (TTI) are an excellent header, similar design, just better value imho
A member just posted a Summit sale, and AutoZone usually has a great pre Xmas sale as well .
Good luck,

Last edited:
Doug’s.
These cars are 50+ years old.
Not much has changed in the last 20years for the standard configuration. Except steering boxes… those have gotten better and smaller.
Syleng1

I have a 68 Barracuda with a 360 on a K from a 70 Duster, running a manual trans, and power-steering.
The TTIs fit; tight in the Z-bar area but not touching, nor rattling at any time.

TTI and Doug's ae your best choices. If you don't mind saving money, banging with a hammer to fit and wrapping the tubes with header wrap so nobody can see the dents, then any other header will work fine.

WOW! I MISSED THIS POST!!!!

2 more cents added in…..

Top headers are the TTI& Doug’s. They are pricey but worth it.

IF inexpensive is the call, then the typical 3 tubes under the drivers steering linkage headers are it. There’s only one choice I’d make and I’ve used many brands over the years, choose Summit Racing’s header. They were and always have been the best fitting cheap header over and over again with 1 item that I love, thick 3/8 flanges. They won’t warp like the thinner ones do.

Thanks for the info i hadn't heard about the Summit racing header option.
Yea man, you got it. No problem.

The Summit header is the old school design which I’m not normally fond of since 3 header tubes go under the drivers steering linkages which brings them close to the ground a bit far forward vs the others which are not so close to the ground and further back. When the suspension is bouncing up and down, the old school design runs closer to the ground and often can end up dented flattening out the tube a good bit.

While you’ll never notice any HP loss, it is still a damaged header and that’s where the future rust will rot the tubes. Typically, guys may raise the front end an inch, inch and a half to avoid this. That normally doesn’t kill the look of the car. That stance become more level since , well, at least in the old days, SS springs were also used and they raise the rear up a good bit depending on the spring part number. Think ‘70’a stink bug stance.

The TTI’s and Doug’s header clear much much better.
But the price difference is big.

-
Back