Headers and power steering???

-

Moto2005

Reaction score
Is it possible?? any pics or advice would be helpful for my upcoming install 1973 duster, PS, PB, 4-speed

If you are going to install the engine and tranny together, do it like the factory did, from the bottom.
Install everything on the engine an K-Frame and drop the body on it.

Except the left tie rod.

sure its possible, if its a smallblock atleast, if its a bigblock i think you may want to get some fenderwell headers..
one thing to think about here is that there have been some reports about TTI and dougs that fit exelent with a autotransmission seems to have some problems with manual transmission cars.

i have a 73 duster with powersteering and powerbrakes but autotransmission with a smallblock and i have just started building some seriusly stupid sized headers for it myself and i think i can squeze some 2" primarys in there but im not to picky about equal lengts

sorry, yes it is a small block, 340 to be exact and i do plan on installing the motor like the factory, i have a lift so that will help i hope

Dougs will work... or TTI. Either way you'll have to do a little fabrication with the Z-bar. I put Doug's on my 71 Demon and it ain't easy, but they work. Reeeeeal tight fit.

Hedman headers fit with no issues with PS, PB and a 4spd.

My recomendation for any header that is going in after the engine is in is to pull the steering column and un bolt the steering box (so you can shift it around). It only takes 20 minutes and elminates 80% of the frustration.

-
Back