HEADLIGHT AIMING KIT.......HOW TO INSTALL ADVICE NEEDED

-

CFD244

"THE NEW OLDSMOBILES ARE IN EARLY THIS YEAR"
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks

I have this kit and want to install it on my '71 Demon. Seeing how the screw is pointing in the wrong direction as it is packaged, is it safe to assume that the plastic/metal insert gets installed in the square hole, and the the screw acts like a press and pulls the two pieces together? Once they are sandwiched and in position, the screw is reversed and utilized for adjustment as intended.

I have this kit.........

1721411885467.jpeg

Thanks FABO

Thanks for the reply Dana. I saw that tutorial......My kit is different, as it is for 68-71.

LOL......I only broke 2. But........I got two in. I will have to see if I can salvage a couple of scrap metal pieces......Or, buy a new kit.

On this set up, the two pieces are separated and the metal cage is pushed in so the tabs engage in the bucket. Then, the plastic part gets inserted. ( Now here's where I screwed up) The bottom of the metal cage has to be supported as you tap (or press) the plastic part home. If not, the ears break off of the metal cage rendering it useless. :(

I saw it was different but the principal is the same.

I'm finding that repo companies are using spring steel that is way too brittle.

I really need to make a hotkey that spits out Classic Industries is a garbage company selling garbage parts at LOLOMGNFW prices.

I really need to make a hotkey that spits out Classic Industries is a garbage company selling garbage parts at LOLOMGNFW prices
Classic is selling the same parts that all other resellers are selling.

Blame the manufacturers not the resellers

Classic is selling the same parts that all other resellers are selling.

That's true in the case of some of the crap they sell…not nearly all—number one. Number two, even when garbage is all that's available, some companies actually apologize when it breaks and work with you (the customer) to try to get you a usable part. Classic Industries (and PG Classics) just clam up and say nothing 'cuz they already got your money. That's crappy and should not be rewarded.

I have had great customer service from classic ind.

They even pulled a part with an incorrect photo to verify that it was the correct part.

-
Back