Headliner bow pocket

-

mopowers

Reaction score
Have any of you had the little ledge that holds up a headliner listing wire/bow bend or break off? This is an early Dart HT, so I'm unsure if '67-'71 Darts have a bow in this location. I got just about done with the installation of the headliner in my '66 Dart when I noticed that one end of the second to last bow dropped. Sure as ****, the ledge that holds the bow up bent down (or broke off?). I must've tugged a little too hard when I was getting the wrinkles out installing it. DAMMIT!! Is this common?

1723424921926.png

Are you talking about these things ?View attachment 1716288084
No. The early Darts have a "tab" that's bent up to support the bottom of the bow in the photo I posted. the sides and bottom of that square cutout are slices then it's bent up to support the inserted bow.

It's only sheet metal though, so one of mine bent back down, allowing the bow to sink during headliner installation. Now I've got to weld or rivet in a piece of angle iron to get that ledge back. I was just wondering if anyone else had this happen to them. Totally fixable, but a pain none-the-less.

I got one side repaired. It's not going anywhere now. The only problem is the bow moved upward way easier than it should have. I'm thinking the other side bent down too. I'll have to check on it.

1723493693045.png

1723493708024.png

1723493718117.png

Crisis averted. The headliner went back in just fine. I'm glad I checked the driver's side too. The bow on that side had popped out of the hole, so I pushed it up and in and we're back in business. These bow-style headliners are a pain in the ***.

1723503367774.png

-
Back