Headliner bows

-

70Duster340

Reaction score
I posted a want ad, but I need to ask the experts here. I have a cardboard headliner, and it doesn't have any bows. I want to upgrade to a cloth or vinyl headliner, but I need bows and the clips. I can find the clips, but I can't find the bows. Does anyone repop these?
Thanks!

There are 4 bow and 6 bow headliners, change in late 71 maybe? Classic Indust. lists "A-body 67-72", but I would think coupe (Duster, Demon, Sport) would be different from hardtop (Swinger, Scamp, etc) No details in listing, it says 5 bow. #MP19001

There are 4 bow and 6 bow headliners, change in late 71 maybe? Classic Indust. lists "A-body 67-72", but I would think coupe (Duster, Demon, Sport) would be different from hardtop (Swinger, Scamp, etc) No details in listing, it says 5 bow. #MP19001
I talked to the guy a CI yesterday and he really couldnt say why the 71 Duster has either 4 bows or six and they only sell a 5 bow set that fits neither one.I was trying to use the 5 bow set #MP19001, and just make the rear bow,but they don't work like that either,because the car isn't made to take the same clips as most mopars.There's no openings for the clips to go into.So now I'm trying to make bows to fit it,and they'll hook into the top like chevy and ford bows.Having a hard time figuring the length to make them and have enough to make the hook on the ends.

I talked to the guy a CI yesterday and he really couldnt say why the 71 Duster has either 4 bows or six and they only sell a 5 bow set that fits neither one.I was trying to use the 5 bow set #MP19001, and just make the rear bow,but they don't work like that either,because the car isn't made to take the same clips as most mopars.There's no openings for the clips to go into.So now I'm trying to make bows to fit it,and they'll hook into the top like chevy and ford bows.Having a hard time figuring the length to make them and have enough to make the hook on the ends.
Oh,I know this is an old post but I figure it might help someone that's in the same predicument I'm in now.If I can get the measurements right,it'd be a lot cheaper to make them yourself anyway.

-
Back