Headliner

-

ram250098

69 Barracuda
Reaction score
Took out the cardboard headliner today, man who ever said to where a mask was not kidding, holy crap that was nasty, not to mention the smell of mice s#*T LOL.
I was wondering if anyone painted the roof before installing the new insulation and headliner? or at least rust converter. Is it worth doing?
Thanks
AL

Yes, I'm doing that right now. It really cant hurt. They didn't do that from the factory on my car. And hence the rust that was there. I'm using Rustolium flat primer. Made for rust preventing.

I also painted my roof, I used rustoleum...
C

I did that on the '73 and will do it on the Demon. The Rustoleum I used gave a good surface for the self-adhesive reflective insulation I used in the roof to bond to. I also converted from cardboard to bow type headliner.

I was thinking about changing to the bow style but thought I stuck with what the car had. I picked up the fabric covered ABS one. I thought it would have been more rigid , but will see how it goes in a week or two when I get around to it.
Funny, I had done the headliner in my 56 Desoto and the roof insulation was perfect didn't have to change a thing. The 72 was like dust.
AL

-
Back