Headman Headers on 340

-

snowymountainman

Hair in the breeze
Reaction score
I purchased a set of headman headers on ebay 2 years ago and I am trying to decide if they are worth using on my 340. The motor is going in my 68 barracuda convertible (power steering-floor shift auto).

Anybody have experience with these? Opinions? Alternatives? :?:

Thanks in advance. :salut:

I don't know about a '68 Barracuda, but on my '71 Demon I had to beat the living snot out of them to get them to clear my drag link, idler arm, and torsion bars on both sides. They still hit my bars. I guess they are worth the $85 I bought them for. :(

i have the headmans on my 71 dart and they fit without denting or bending them. they do hang low just like the hookers headders do... they do work fine though.. if you want the best that don't hang low and are willing to spend the money then the TTI's are the way to go...

I put a pair of TTI's on my duster, and even have a pair of heddman's hangin' in the shop. The TTI's are great, worth every penny. Everywhere I go I get comments on the thick flanges and great fit. I'd just spend the extra money and get the TTI's. They are worth every penny, to me anyway.

Thanks for the input guys. I have limited time (and $$) to get the car done so TTI's at $500/pair are probably out of my price range. I'm gonna test fit the heddman's and at least have a look. :salut:

From the sounds of it there are no real performance or safety problems with them so I got my fingers crossed that they fit. :thumrigh:

Al of the lower priced headers are pretty much the same. They hang alittle on the low side but i haven't had any problems with mine.

I have headmans and I had to beat the living hell out of mine as well. They do hang a little low and I do bottom out once in awhile but like Adam said all the lowered price was your going to have the same problems with.

Mopardude said:
I have headmans and I had to beat the living hell out of mine as well.

Now that I'm older and wiser... Well I'm older anyway. I used a C Clamp to bend, dimple, flatten the tubes as necessary. Works pretty good, you can stick a nut or a piece of metal between the clamp and tube to get the desired bend.
"EDIT"
It helps to put something (block of wood, piece of metal) on the side of the tube that you don't want bent, flattened, dimpled, etc... :salut:

Jeff said:
Now that I'm older and wiser... Well I'm older anyway. I used a C Clamp to bend, dimple, flatten the tubes as necessary. Works pretty good, you can stick a nut or a piece of metal between the clamp and tube to get the desired bend.

I like that I will have to remember that for next time. Although after how frustrated/angry/pissed off/infuriated I got installing those headers there was something relaxing taking a hammer and going crazy on them :twisted:

-
Back