Headman Headers on 340

Mopar Exhaust Systems

1. snowymountainman

snowymountainman Hair in the breeze

Local Time:
    2:26 AM
    I purchased a set of headman headers on ebay 2 years ago and I am trying to decide if they are worth using on my 340. The motor is going in my 68 barracuda convertible (power steering-floor shift auto).

Anybody have experience with these? Opinions? Alternatives? :?:

Thanks in advance. :salut:

2. Hotwheelsjr

Hotwheelsjr Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I don't know about a '68 Barracuda, but on my '71 Demon I had to beat the living snot out of them to get them to clear my drag link, idler arm, and torsion bars on both sides. They still hit my bars. I guess they are worth the $85 I bought them for. :(

3. 70Barracuda

70Barracuda Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:26 AM
    If they are the wrap around the centerlink type. Dont use em. They hang way too low and will hit stuff. Hooker

4. abodyjoe

abodyjoe Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:26 AM
    i have the headmans on my 71 dart and they fit without denting or bending them. they do hang low just like the hookers headders do... they do work fine though.. if you want the best that don't hang low and are willing to spend the money then the TTI's are the way to go...

5. mopar_matt340

mopar_matt340 Member

Local Time:
    I put a pair of TTI's on my duster, and even have a pair of heddman's hangin' in the shop. The TTI's are great, worth every penny. Everywhere I go I get comments on the thick flanges and great fit. I'd just spend the extra money and get the TTI's. They are worth every penny, to me anyway.

6. snowymountainman

snowymountainman Hair in the breeze

Local Time:
    Thanks for the input guys. I have limited time (and $$) to get the car done so TTI's at $500/pair are probably out of my price range. I'm gonna test fit the heddman's and at least have a look. :salut:

From the sounds of it there are no real performance or safety problems with them so I got my fingers crossed that they fit. :thumrigh:

7. AdamR

AdamR Big Member

Local Time:
    4:26 AM
    Al of the lower priced headers are pretty much the same. They hang alittle on the low side but i haven't had any problems with mine.

8. Mopardude

Mopardude Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:26 AM
    I have headmans and I had to beat the living hell out of mine as well. They do hang a little low and I do bottom out once in awhile but like Adam said all the lowered price was your going to have the same problems with.

9. 70Swinger

70Swinger Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Do Doug Thorley headers fit well?

10. Jeff

Jeff Member

Local Time:
    Now that I'm older and wiser... Well I'm older anyway. I used a C Clamp to bend, dimple, flatten the tubes as necessary. Works pretty good, you can stick a nut or a piece of metal between the clamp and tube to get the desired bend.
    "EDIT"
    It helps to put something (block of wood, piece of metal) on the side of the tube that you don't want bent, flattened, dimpled, etc... :salut:

11. Mopardude

Mopardude Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:26 AM
    I like that I will have to remember that for next time. Although after how frustrated/angry/pissed off/infuriated I got installing those headers there was something relaxing taking a hammer and going crazy on them :twisted:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.