Headrest restoration

-

Mike69barracuda

Reaction score
My two used headrest posts are rusted and probably pitted just under the headrests.

Is there a way to remove the two posts from the headrest and insert better posts inside the headrest??

Thanks!!!!!

Are these 69' headrests and buckets or bench?

Are these 69' headrests and buckets or bench?
Bucket seats on mmy 69. I think the headrests are from a bucket seat Dart. I took my back seat panel off to make sure the headrest bars lineup with the inside seat brackets. The look like they will once I punch the two holes in the top of the seat back.

Bucket seats on mmy 69. I think the headrests are from a bucket seat Dart. I took my back seat panel off to make sure the headrest bars lineup with the inside seat brackets. The look like they will once I punch the two holes in the top of the seat back.
picture of my seats.
IMG_0622.JPG

The headrest are molded on the posts it would damage them if you tried to remove the posts.
Before you punch the holes in your seat covers be sure the plastic blocks are present under the covers you should be able to feel them. They will need to be there to keep the headrests from
wiggling around and to allow the headrest bezels to be installed. There's other hardware inside the seat backs that you gotta have to install the headrests. Your best bet would be to buy better headrests they can be dyed to match your interior.

The headrest are molded on the posts it would damage them if you tried to remove the posts.
Before you punch the holes in your seat covers be sure the plastic blocks are present under the covers you should be able to feel them. They will need to be there to keep the headrests from
wiggling around and to allow the headrest bezels to be installed. There's other hardware inside the seat backs that you gotta have to install the headrests. Your best bet would be to buy better headrests they can be dyed to match your interior.

Thank you.

-
Back