Heart Attack

-
Glad to hear you're doing better. Listen and trust your cardiologist's opinion.
Hang in there!!!

Hang in there, buddy! These days they can do some amazing ****. You got a lot of good years left.

I’m glad you made it to the hospital on time. Just take it easy for a while. I know you’re looking forward to getting started on that AMX. Just take care of yourself! :thumbsup:

Two Stents two years ago after my fourth Heart Attack. I'm on Warfarin because eliquis isn't covered under my plan so I have to do monthly INR testing and increased my vitamin k intake. Here's hoping for a quick recovery.

Very good insight from the experience discussed here. The doc appointment is in the morning. Right now I’m getting short periods (2-3 minutes) of shortness of breath. No pain or tightness in the chest. I’m sure we will go over those things tomorrow

Had an appointment with the cardiologist yesterday. She went over the details of the intervention that took place. I was 95% blocked in the two main arteries that feeds blood to the heart. The LAD (widow maker) was treated first given this is the major blood supply to the heart. I received two stents. I had to wait until the next day for the second artery to be addressed. That artery received 3 stents. She said the plac in both arteries were mushy and didn’t appear to be near calcifying. Calcification means the arteries are hardening from the plac which puts me near having bypass means bypass. In my case bypass is not an option at this time.

I should note that I had another artery that was blocked 20-50 percent which at this time will be treated with drugs. As of now I’m scheduled for further test that will address the arteries in the legs and arms. Also, the heart appears to be undamaged.

Had an appointment with the cardiologist yesterday. She went over the details of the intervention that took place. I was 95% blocked in the two main arteries that feeds blood to the heart. The LAD (widow maker) was treated first given this is the major blood supply to the heart. I received two stents. I had to wait until the next day for the second artery to be addressed. That artery received 3 stents. She said the plac in both arteries were mushy and didn’t appear to be near calcifying. Calcification means the arteries are hardening from the plac which puts me near having bypass means bypass. In my case bypass is not an option at this time.

I should note that I had another artery that was blocked 20-50 percent which at this time will be treated with drugs. As of now I’m scheduled for further test that will address the arteries in the legs and arms. Also, the heart appears to be undamaged.

Great news!!!
Caught it in time.

These Walker Coonhounds keep me energized and running in behind them if I'm off work they are getting their exercise with me so I hope you the best my brother and I hope that I don't end up with one of those bad arteries but I have a feeling I already have one with the Ribeyes and the Salted Butter that I love..My diet now has lots of red grapes ,berries, etc...

20240427_185509.jpg

Remember what I told you about the girls of Walmart. If you don’t smile and laugh 10 times a day work harder at doing so.

Two Stents two years ago after my fourth Heart Attack. I'm on Warfarin because eliquis isn't covered under my plan so I have to do monthly INR testing and increased my vitamin k intake. Here's hoping for a quick recovery.
Glad you're still with us! You're among my favorite members on here. I've never had heart issues, but it's been a big worry of mine. I'm sure I have it coming.

Sounds like you really dodged a bullet. I'm glad they got it taken care of.

Glad you are doing better and hopefully you will be back to your old self again soon, take it easy :)

-
Back