Heavy Duty Magnum Heads

-

bobscuda67

Reaction score
Has anybody here used the heavy duty magnum replacement heads. The flow numbers on these look pretty good. I got the numbers from the Hughes Racing website, and with a little grinding they should be a really good street head. I can get a new bare set for $475.00 with shipping. I'm thinking of changing from the stock truck magnums. Bob

No, that is a new bare set price. They sell new complete sets for $469.00 plus shipping. Bob

I was going to post the same question. But my opinion is it depends on what engine you are putting them on. They could be a really good head or just a bad investment. I was thinking of buying a set of bare ones and putting them on my 318 for a lil more performance but the valves are 1.92 and 1.60, a lil big for a 318 but would work reasonable well possibly.

I'm going to use them on my 340\373 combo. They seam to flow really well untouched. I think they would be very good on your 318. Bob

BoredandStroked said:
I was thinking of buying a set of bare ones and putting them on my 318 for a lil more performance but the valves are 1.92 and 1.60, a lil big for a 318 but would work reasonable well possibly.

Actually that is what they used on stock 318 magnums and they work great. I had a 93 Dakota I bought new with the 318 mag and just did a few bolt on mods and it ran 14.50's with some traction problems. When I could get it to hook good it would go 14.30's. The truck weighed 3800 with me in it so I didn't think that was bad at all. Had the stock 3.55 gears (single track) and stock converter too.

-
Back