height of roller rockers on 440

-

joe440

Reaction score
Anyone out there with roller rockers on your 440's. Is it much higher than stock ones? If so how much do you think, and did you need taller valve covers? Just wanting to know because i want to use roller rockes but cant have real tall valve covers with the long tube cross ram for clearence reasons.
Thank You, Joe

Anyone out there with roller rockers on your 440's. Is it much higher than stock ones? If so how much do you think, and did you need taller valve covers? Just wanting to know because i want to use roller rockes but cant have real tall valve covers with the long tube cross ram for clearence reasons.
Thank You, Joe

Yea most roller rockers are taller than the stamped steel and have heard that guys can't use the stock covers with them installed especially with a high lift cam. Which after market will work is going to be trial and error.

Terry

thread from the past, just wanted to know if anyone on here is running the 440source roller rockers(and if with they're aluminum head) is they're a big height difference? Are you using stock valve covers or after market?

You can use your stock valve covers if you cut the baffling out. I have 440 source rollers and edelbrock performer heads, that does clear. If you don't want to remove baffle, put Persian blue on the rockers and hand crank engine. Where it hits, you hit it with the hammer and dimple it. That should take care of your clearance issues.

You can also cut the lift side of the baffle with a cutoff wheel, push the baffle as far as you can and then tack it. That's what I did with my crane rollers and stock valve covers.

-
Back