Hello all! New from Texas

-
Reaction score
Hello everyone and thank you for having me! I recently got a 1966 Barracuda! She needs lots of love, she's been sitting for quite a few years waiting for some TLC! I'm proud to say she is my first classic, and the first car I'll get to work on!!! (Bonus, I work at a mechanic shop) Excited for this journey!!!

IMG_20240425_110138420.jpg
IMG_20240425_110151506.jpg
IMG_20240425_110200119.jpg
IMG_20240425_110248029.jpg
IMG_20240425_110210316.jpg
IMG_20240425_110232182.jpg

Welcome!!! And it's a slant 6 with AC?! I hope you plan to keep it that way and fix the AC.. would be beyond cool :) Auto or manual trans?

Welcome!!! And it's a slant 6 with AC?! I hope you plan to keep it that way and fix the AC.. would be beyond cool :) Auto or manual trans?
Yes it is, and I plan to keep it all original. It's an automatic trans! I'm so thrilled to start working on it. I have a tire coming in tomorrow and then I will get to work! Goal is to have it drivable by August!!!

Yes it is, and I plan to keep it all original. It's an automatic trans! I'm so thrilled to start working on it. I have a tire coming in tomorrow and then I will get to work! Goal is to have it drivable by August!!!
That is awesome... lash the valves.. fix the leaks... new points/carb rebuild and be happy :) slants are awesome.

That is awesome... lash the valves.. fix the leaks... new points/carb rebuild and be happy :) slants are awesome.
Thank you!!! I have been very lucky so far. The body has very little damage (rust spots are few and far between) it needs to be fully reupholstered... All the lights work, and the engine turns easily. All in all, it's looking like an easy first project so far!

Everything matches your numbers 7th digit Hamtramck MI LAST6 digits Barracuda began 5000001

Thank you!!! I have been very lucky so far. The body has very little damage (rust spots are few and far between) it needs to be fully reupholstered... All the lights work, and the engine turns easily. All in all, it's looking like an easy first project so far!

Nice that it's a car you can buy all the parts for too! interior won't be cheap but will be awesome :) Personally i would switch to a electronic ignition but some guys love points.. you do you :)

Nice that it's a car you can buy all the parts for too! interior won't be cheap but will be awesome :) Personally i would switch to a electronic ignition but some guys love points.. you do you :)
For now I think we're sticking with the point ignition. I will definitely be keeping y'all updated on the progress!

Ted’s in Conroe did my long block a few years ago. They were fantastic and busy! If’n you ever need machine work look ‘em up.

Welcome aboard!

-
Back