Hello fellow Mopar lovers

-

Dusterdan340

Reaction score
Dusterdan340 here. just joined and learning my way around the site. I own a 1970 Plymouth Duster 340 that i bought in 1972, yes, i am the old guy!

IMG_8185.jpeg

Welcome to FABO from the Florida panhandle.

I was stationed in Arkansas...met my wife there 28 years ago!

Wow, you bought it in 72. The 340 Duster is an amazing car, and they are only getting better with time. A-bodies are now the right size, weight, and Semi-Fastback Look!

Thanks for the warm welcome. My Duster is currently in storage but i will try to find some pictures. About 10 years ago I committed a GREAT sin and sold my 1967 Barracuda S, an original 383 precious baby that I greatly miss. This year I bought this 1968 Dart GTS, also an original 383 precious baby. The healing process has began! This beauty belonged to my brother 40 years ago but he fell on tough times and had to sell it. A friend bought it and enjoyed it but kinda lost interest and this poor baby sat in his garage for well over a decade without being run. The body is in great shape, needing minor touchups, but the engine needs to be rebuilt, which I am in the process of doing. Currently I have the engine and tranny out along with the interior, steering column, instrument panel, and everything attached to the firewall to repaint the engine compartment. The engine that was swapped out before my brother bought it is a semi mild 1969 440 with a 4 speed and 4:11 gears. My friend had the heads ported and put a bigger cam and carb that i think i will keep. I am immensely enjoying this project and looking forward to hearing your comments and tips.

Dart2.jpg

Dart1.jpg

Welcome from Texas!!!!! I would be super excited too!!!!
I've had many old Mopars but one of my fav was a 383 4 speed 67 Cuda.
Keep us posted!!!!

Welcome to the site from another Texas member.
I too once had a big block Barracuda S that I regret letting go.

-
Back