Hello from Germany

-

Matthias

Reaction score
Hello everybody,
I am Matthias from Germany Osnabrück.
I bought a 1967 Dodge Dart 12 Years ago on ebay. It was described as ready restored just need a paint job...
The car arrived and it was a big disapointment. Somebody spent a lot of money in new parts but installed them without love.. the car had an accident before, the whole front was changed cutted through the frame, parts missing.. etc During the shipment a fork lifter destroyed the new tank, shock absorbers, exhaust pipes, headers :-(
I started new restauration but didnt finished it till now. last month I took 4 week holiday and finished the body work. Now its getting new paint and after that a new top.
For assembling I will have a lot of questions about some details. Thats why i joined this forum.
So long
Matthias

PS Sorry for my english!

P1030473.JPG

P1030487.JPG

P1030506.JPG

2013-04-25 15.30.25.jpg

2013-02-26 23.06.40.jpg

2013-04-25 15.30.54.jpg

Welcome from Weeki Wachee Florida. That's very sad that someone did that. Some people have no conscience. Please post some pictures when it's painted.

Hallo und Willkommen! Ich komme aus Österreich lebe derzeit aber hier in Ohio. Bist Du im Mopar Forum De?

Mfg
Wolfgang

Welcome.
Lots of new members signing in from Deutschland lately.
Was at the Zweibrucken Air Base for two years 74-76.

Welcome from
:canada:
No worries about the English language part, some of us here aren't much better. I am sorry that your car was damaged in transit, that's unfortunate, but more unfortunate is that some hack has made a mess of it before you bought it. I am dealing with a lot of similar issues with a Dart that I am trying to resurrect from the dead.
Glad to have you join and please keep us posted on your progress.
:thumbsup:

Willkommen! Sorry for the transport issues. That will be an outstanding car when you complete it! look forward to seeing it.

Welcome to FABO!!

Looks like you straightened up the bad work. Please share pictures after the new paint.

Hello everybody,
I am Matthias from Germany Osnabrück.
I bought a 1967 Dodge Dart 12 Years ago on ebay. It was described as ready restored just need a paint job...
The car arrived and it was a big disapointment. Somebody spent a lot of money in new parts but installed them without love.. the car had an accident before, the whole front was changed cutted through the frame, parts missing.. etc During the shipment a fork lifter destroyed the new tank, shock absorbers, exhaust pipes, headers :-(
I started new restauration but didnt finished it till now. last month I took 4 week holiday and finished the body work. Now its getting new paint and after that a new top.
For assembling I will have a lot of questions about some details. Thats why i joined this forum.
So long
Matthias

PS Sorry for my english!

View attachment 1715702511

View attachment 1715702512

View attachment 1715702513

View attachment 1715702514

View attachment 1715702516

View attachment 1715702517
Congratulations on overcoming all those obstacles and welcome from Minnesota. Steve

Welcome

Your gonna find out what farfergnugen really means

And a stick car to boot!!!

Do you have a service manual? Run over to MyMopar and download one. If you don't have what is called an There should also be a factory parts book over there

Another great asset is the rare "assembly manual". The only people I'm aware that reprint them put lots of very annoying watermarks on the pages, but it is still better than nothing. This book has detailed drawings of how stuff all goes together

This is my "review" of this publication

My review of Faxon book, 1967-1969 Dodge & Plymouth Body & Electrical Assembly Manual

Welcome. I lived in in Germany near Frankfurt for three years (81-84). We loved it over there.

Welcome from NY Matthias. .:welcome: Your English is better than some who were born here, so don't be concerned. Nice ride. You'll find a lot of helpful information here to assist in finishing you project. Convertible with a 4 speed, can't go wrong there. As mentioned, a service manual will serve you well. I think it's great to have international members here, give us a little of that European class, to calm our American brashness :rolleyes:

Ahh Germany, Family was there 3.5 years never made it out that way from Grafenwöhr , Army had other plans for me Loved it there Tschüss

-
Back