Hello from Panama Dart 69 engine swap 5.7 Hemi

-

fpereira23

Reaction score
Hi to all,

I live in Panama and I own a 69 Dart with a slant 6.
I have the possibility to get a totaled 2015 Challenger with a 5.7 Hemi and 6 speed manual transmission as a donor car at a very affordable price.

I want to do a complete powertrain swap and I´ve being reading several threads about doing it and I now have some list of parts needed to start the swap.

TTI headers
midsump pan,
TTI motor mounts,
oil filter relocation kit

Beside the above parts, what else should I need to start?

Can I use the stock K-member?
I read that the 8 speed automatic transmission will need some floor and torsion bar crossmember surgery, but what about the 6 speed Manual?
What about the drive shaft? Can I use the one from the donor car?
What about the donor car brakes and suspensions? Will any of those parts fit the 69 Dart?

Can I use any of the interior, for example the dash? I´ve seen a 73 Duster with a 2014 challenger dash installed, will the 2015 dash fit the 69?

Any feedback received will be greatly appreciated.

TKS

Anything can be done with enough money time and talent, however the more you want to use/apply the harder it is going to be. You could potentially use the K frame I believe if you weld in some mounts Everything is going to require fabrication to some degree. The suspension would be a very difficult swap and require a lot of cutting, welding, etc. The interior is a whole other issue and require some real talent to make fit.

That option is also a possibility I would like to consider. I saw an a thread on a challenger forum where the guy basically placed the body of a 73 Challenger on a 14 Challenger. He did had to do a lot of cutting and welding for the front suspension to fit tough, but that was on a E-Body, I´m not sure how it will be with an A-Body. Do you know if anyone has done the body swap of an A-Body to a new car platform? Is there like a thread with such information?

look at the jeep manifolds from an 09-10 they will fit Abody cars, the passenger side is a little weird but can be done. unless you are set on TTI long tubs for $700 plus dollars I would use the factory jeep manifolds. 408swinger has the write up for his sons dart swinger he put the 5.7 in. I had already purchased the TTI headers or I would have used factory manifolds. if you have a welder and are not afraid of cutting and welding then by all means run the six speed. it will require a PCM flash if you use the factory PCM. not sure about the six speed. my son runs the mega squirt gold box, I run the msd 6-hemi and fast fuel injection. My car runs very well for what it is. I know its faster than 11.30 in the qtr mile. I did a quick street race with a guy who dead hooks street or track and runs 11.30 all day long.

but really look at where you can save money on the swap there is a tone of info on this website in regards to the swap. do a search for 408swinger

There are three on here that I know have done or in the process of doing such a body swap. I will see if I can find the threads.
I know one was a dart that is completed. One is a barracuda down in mexico but don't know if it is completed and another I think is a duster
Here is one thread on using the slant 6 k frame Slant 6 K-Frame = LOTS of Clearance

You will also need a fuel pump. The harness you can get from Hotwire. Unless you have the time and the mapping layout for the factory harness to delete all the stuff you can’t use. Like ABS. You may need to get an earlier ECM LIKE A 2005 of after market or send yours to get reflashed to remove anti theft.

I have a 1970 dart that I bought a 2010 dodge challenger 5.7L hemi 5 speed auto as well, I bought the Gen3 ms3 plug and play harness for the motor BUT I have yet to find anything for the transmission, I don't wanna use another transmission, i paid for the one i wanted because i wanted a 5 speed, also I'm sitting on the original k member was told to go QA1 then get the bolt on adapters to drop the 5.7 in and should fit like a glove, if you guys have any info please email me! I need all the help i can get this thing is my baby and I want it atleast running soon, thanks!
Markrod4life@gmail.com

Last edited by a moderator:
-
Back