Hello from Sweden

-

trebor75

Reaction score
Hello!

My name is Robert. I’m 35 years old and I’m from Sweden. I’ve had so much help from this board for a while now so I thought I’d introduce myself. I have a 1970 Plymouth Duster and it’s my first American car and also my first project, so I’m learning a lot!

The Duster was originally a slant six car but it now has a mildly built 273 with 727 automatic. I did the swap myself and FABO was a great deal of help. Here are a couple of pictures from when I picked it up to the present day.

The day a picked it up. Those hub caps had to go first thing.
13649-240432.jpg

The engine bay was not a pretty site and the slant barely ran. All it took to wake it up was a bit of timing and carb adjusting though.
13649-2053725.jpg

I had the car for a couple of summers before I started to make the swap because I was searching for a garage. I have to say the slant ran very good for during that time. I drove that Duster all over Sweden and never really had any trouble. But when I found the garage it was time to put it to rest :)
13649-1664308.jpg

Before
925892_3x3krk.jpg

and after
925894_otmb0l.jpg

I got a complete drive train from a friend for a bargain.
925900_vfuyhz.jpg

Painted and ready to go in!
925903_j5o1ae.jpg

Almost done
925907_ai0hnb.jpg

Whohoo
1004168_ps0pbi.jpg

First testdrive
13649-1961413.jpg

A couple of pics present day
13649-1961408.jpg

13649-2070221.jpg

Having fun!
13649-2064785.jpg

This winter I’m putting in a 8 ¾ rear, upgrading the breaks and a couple of other things!
Thanks for all the help through FABO so far!

Robert,

The Duster looks great. Fill us in on the Swedish Drag Strip. What distance were you running? I see the portable tree. What kind of time slip were you getting? KPH and seconds?

Robert,

The Duster looks great. Fill us in on the Swedish Drag Strip. What distance were you running? I see the portable tree. What kind of time slip were you getting? KPH and seconds?

I would if I could. This was my first time at the strip. Enthusiast set this on up a couple of times a year. It’s on an abandoned air strip. We got no time slip, just the finish time for each run. My friends with more experience said they did not trust the results either. I had too much fun to care :)

My best time was 11 on 200 m. I blame it on being my first time and the sluggish 7 ¼ open axle with 2.45 ratio :)

Here’s a video (share garage with the other mopars in the video). My motor/trans was in the Dart in the video last summer, he had a 3.55 ratio so it took of way faster.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAOXGO7Z1iI"]YouTube - Mopars at "JakanRace" 2010[/ame]

Hi Robert!

Nice to see other FABO members from Sweden. You have got a really nice ride. Good luck with it.

Hi Robert
Nice to see another 70 Duster from Sweden (got one too)

Borje

Welcome Robert! You've been quiet here all this time but you're car speaks for itself, very impressive!:cheers:

Hi Robert and welcome to FABO.
Guess you ran the Duster at Barkarby old military airport?
I´m from Jakobsberg myself, do you live nearby?
The Duster looks awesome very sweet job you ´ve done there.
Since you´ve been lurking at FABO for a time I guess that you´ve already found out what a great site this is.

Welcome to FABO! Very impressive Duster, I love it and thanks for sharing! You did a great job!

A 273 cranking a 2:76 gear is hard on those 60 foot times, for sure! :D

How did all of those Mopars end up in Sweden? Do you see many muscle cars driving around in the summer? They really must stand out among all of the modern European cars, more fun too! There are a ton of events in the States each year. If you ever come over, post a thread ahead of time so you can hit some.

Thanks for the kind words and warm welcome! Nice to see some fellow swedes :) The interest in mopars and american cars in general is huge in Sweden and we see them on the road all the time during the summer.

Hi Robert and welcome to FABO.
Guess you ran the Duster at Barkarby old military airport?
I´m from Jakobsberg myself, do you live nearby?
The Duster looks awesome very sweet job you ´ve done there.
Since you´ve been lurking at FABO for a time I guess that you´ve already found out what a great site this is.

Thanks! I live in Årsta. It was the barkaby air strip, correct. Have you been there racing? Really like your Barracuda!

Thanks! I live in Årsta. It was the barkaby air strip, correct. Have you been there racing? Really like your Barracuda!
Thanks for the kind words.
Sorry, haven´t been to the races so far. Bad timing unfortunatly.
I believe this was the second year they held a race there.
Årsta, not that far from me..

-
Back