Hello, new to classic Dodges

-

Wiggilez

Reaction score
Hello, I bought a 1963 valiant, the car is fairly straight, but it does need some rust repair.
this is what I'm planning on using to fix it.

1963 Plymouth Valiant Parts | MM8151 | 1960-76 Mopar A-Body Front Frame Rail Repair Cap (Rear Section); LH | Classic Industries

I'd like opinions on whether or not you would use this or something else.

I'm hoping to get it off the trailer this weekend and really tear into it to find all the things that need fixing, that way I can start making a plan so that come next summer I can cruise around in it :)

20201014_172053.jpg

:welcome: looks good from here :)
i've seen others use the caps but haven't tried them myself. someone will probably be along soon that has though.

Looks good from where I'm sittin.... And Welcome!!!

the body is super clean, unfortunately there are two spots on the unibody frame that need patching up, one is the section that I posted the link for. The other is the torsion bar crossmember on the driver side, but I'm just going replace the whole crossmember.

Last edited:
Welcome to FABO, great looking car. There is an early A section especially for the early cars up to 66.

Can you get some pics of the rusted section of frame when you have time. This might help with advice on how to repair it.

I should have been smart and grabbed them before I got it off the trailer, now I have to wait until tomorrow when things have dried off a bit.

on a good note, I played with it for an hour and was able to get it running, which made it much easier to get off the trailer. It run nice and smooth, idles good too :)

Welcome to FABO, great looking car. There is an early A section especially for the early cars up to 66.

Can you get some pics of the rusted section of frame when you have time. This might help with advice on how to repair it.

I created a thread in the build section of the forum with the pictures of the rot.

Wiggilez's 1963 valiant

-
Back