Hello

-

DartGTDan

'71 Dart GT Fan
Reaction score
Nearly 2 years ago I purchased a 1971 Dart GT at the Woodward DreamCruise here in the Detroit area. I saw the car about a year earlier and could not pursuade the owner to sell. I saw him with the car at the DreamCruise and we struck a deal.
As stated it is a 1971 Dart GT, 318 cid, 2-bbl, A904 automatic with a console shift, PS, A/C, 3.23:1 sure-grip 8 3/4" rear-end, 10" Heavy Duty drums on all 4 corners, later model 14 x 6 Ralley wheels (Acorn center), GY8 Gold Leaf poly paint, black vinyl top, black bucket seat interior.
According to Chrysler historians it is 1 of approximately 1255 Dart GTs for 1971. There were more /6 GTs made than V-8s.
So far I have installed the SSBC front disc brake conversion (very nice & easy), installed MP Electronic Ignition system, added dual exhaust (manifolds to FlowMaster 40s to 2 1/4" tailpipes), added AutoMeter Z-Series electric water temp, oil pressure, and volt meter, and I have upgraded the headlight system using relays.
Every thing that I have done to or added to the car can be undone without any evidence.
If there are any 1971 Dart GT owners out there please drop me a line!

DartGTDan

Welcome to FABO Dan. Lot's of A body owners here obviously but not that many from Michigan believe it or not. I have a 1971 Duster 340 clone. I've posted a couple of pictures here. Got any pictures of your Dart? Sounds like you're just about ready for Woodward this year.

-
Back