Help 70-72 Duster owners

-

Slappy

Reaction score
Thanks to all whom can help. I have a bench seat question. What keeps the seat back from coming off the seat bottom. I have male pins on the bottom and female on the seat back. Occasionally they will seperate. Look at picture. Any suggestions? I have new hinge covers and I dont want to break them. There were no covers before. Does the cover hold it on? Does not seem like a good option. Thanks Tod

014.JPG

something is missing. it seems to me the bottom was a bolt.for the pivot that is. i may be wrong, all i have is bucket seats and they are bolts. then the cover goes on with the two little screws (threaded holes).good luck, someone here knows, i promise.

It is a washer looking clip. I'm not sure what it's called but it is like a round washer with cuts on the inside and it is pressed on the pivot shaft. I put mine by putting a socket over it and hitting it with a hammer.

This is the part..RETAINER PUSH ON 5/16 STUD
www.rtspecialties.net
has them for 50 cents

Sounds like a speed nut. I have some thet hold my taillight bezels on. I will try it. I hope my hardware store carries it. Thanks for the advise. Tod

-
Back