HELP!...anybody done an SSBC front disc

-

freshayr

Reaction score
I just got done putting one side of my SSBC front disc conversion on. I went to put the wheel on and the back of it rubs against the caliper when I tighten the lugs. After I removed the wheel and looked closer at it, the caliper sticks out futher that the rotor base that the wheel bolts against. I looked the diagram all over again and i have everything on correctly. Anybody have any experience here with SSBC ?? thanks

Are you referring to the bolt pattern? The rotors come with holes for 5X4.5 or 5X4. I am using the 5X4.5 holes. (which is the way it was set up) I want to use the 5X4.5. I tries putting a 14 and a 15 inch wheel on and they both hit. I think if I go to the 5X4 pattern it might claer but it will be close. I didn't want to press all 5 studs out and repress in 5 new ones just to try it because SSBC says it will work either way and I want 5X4.5.

I spoke with ssbc today. they said run a wheel spacer. Now it doesn't seem right to me that after I spend a grand on their kit, I still have to go get a wheel spacer but that it what they said.

-
Back