HELP DECODING 1968 Barracuda Formula S fender tag/data plate

-

FASTEDDIE1960

Reaction score
Hope someone can help me decode my data plate on my 1968 Formula S Please see photo (there is a 3 on line 4 underneath the X on line 5 Circled in RED) I have pretty much decoded the rest of the plate but can't seem to find anything about this #3..?
thanks very much

1968 barracuda data plate marked red.jpg

Are you original owner?
Special handling tag has nothing to do with "ordered"
the tag is original to the car it was special ordered by a customer that is what the U1 code on the data plate is. it was a sold car when built..thanks much i looked at alot of sites and couldn't find that 3 code..much appreciated.

The screw placement on the "Special Handling Car" tag makes it a 69+ tag, not original to the car.

If it was original to the car the two tags would share the middle screw.

Alan

Another reason to suspect a problem is that 3 under the X denotes clear glass, but A/C cars were supposed to have all tinted. The 1 under the S is A/C, and the hose is right there in the picture. So that looks legit.
If the glass is clear and date coded, you have a car that "shouldn't have been."

Another reason to suspect a problem is that 3 under the X denotes clear glass, but A/C cars were supposed to have all tinted. The 1 under the S is A/C, and the hose is right there in the picture. So that looks legit.
If the glass is clear and date coded, you have a car that "shouldn't have been."

You could override the tinted glass with A/C. That’s why it’s coded.

thanks guys i will get this special handling tag removed . No idea why someone put it on but was this way when i bought the car.. thanks for the info

thanks is yours a 1968? any idea as to what the special handling tag means? special ordered? dealer?
That's a '69 fender tag. Don't believe that's legit either. Not mine. Copied that from another posting to show how the "extra" tag would be attached from the factory. Consensus was no A body ever came with them.

Rare Fender Tag,,,or Not???​

-
Back