Help - Drive Train Combination Suggestions

-

BLUEBYU

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am building back my 67 Dart 2dr post with a light resto mod goal in mind. I would greatly appreciate anyone willing to offer me advice on a proven successful SB stroker set up including compatible drive train combinations that is within my constraints listed below:

Givens:
Car should be streetable pump gas w/now & then track events for fun
SB stroker, No A/C, PB or PS.
Trans - 904 (most likely)
Rear end (existing) - 8.75 742 w/3.55 SG, stock BB axle width (no off-set or tubbing), Hemi SS springs & shocks
15" rear wheels w/rubber to fit within existing Dart 1/4's
Drive shaft - steel w/large yoke

Any suggested package combinations on 340 or 360 block base, stroker kits, cams, heads, intakes, carbs, headers, radiators (I live in Phoenix), tranny bands, shift kits, torque converters & stall speeds, etc.. Cost (value) is a definitely consideration, but not necessarily a show stopper.

Thanks in advance. Wayne in Phoenix, AZ:thebirdm:

These are just my thoughts...
Any 360 or 340 block. Whichever is cheaper. Scat or K1 stroked crank to fit block. SIR rods, forged pistons (SRPs are pretty good and inexpensive). Any heads, I prefer Edelbrock RPMs but the RHS LA-X irons would be a good alternative and less money. Sticka cam with around 245-250°@.050 in a type you can live with. I like solid flat tappets but a hydraulic or hydraulic roller would also be fine. Run the RPM air gap and a Holley Street Avenger 870 vacuum secondary carb, the MSD E-Curve distributor, and a set of headers. In terms of transmissions, I would ditch the 904 and build a mild 727. It will be cheaper and last as long or longer behind that engine. 904s will need new hard parts to make them more durable, they ad about $700 to the cost of a rebuild. That's about it really, very generally.

These are just my thoughts...
Any 360 or 340 block. Whichever is cheaper. Scat or K1 stroked crank to fit block. SIR rods, forged pistons (SRPs are pretty good and inexpensive). Any heads, I prefer Edelbrock RPMs but the RHS LA-X irons would be a good alternative and less money. Sticka cam with around 245-250°@.050 in a type you can live with. I like solid flat tappets but a hydraulic or hydraulic roller would also be fine. Run the RPM air gap and a Holley Street Avenger 870 vacuum secondary carb, the MSD E-Curve distributor, and a set of headers. In terms of transmissions, I would ditch the 904 and build a mild 727. It will be cheaper and last as long or longer behind that engine. 904s will need new hard parts to make them more durable, they ad about $700 to the cost of a rebuild. That's about it really, very generally.
TY much for the sugestions. I really appreciate it. There are just so many options out there and each of them by themselves has merit. But, when you put them all together as a package system who knows???

Any thoughts on torque converter types & size given your suggestions & my constraints?

-
Back