Help from Barracuda experts!!

-

spencerarms

Reaction score
I was hoping and praying one of you Vet. on this site may be able to help me. I have a 1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S Notchback. It has a 340. It has the 727 with a center console shifter. It's orginal color was a light yellow color. I have the Title, VIN # and the Certicard. I do not have the original Buyers name on the Certicard. I do not have the Fender tag or build sheet. I have searched everwhere possible for the build sheet. The VIN# is BH23P8B407####. The set of numbers on the certicard are H5W SSI T5 SA 0607. Does this make any sense to you. Can you Help me? I want to find make a fender tag to appease the mopar God's! (increase collector value). Helppppppp!
Thank you!

Certicard decodes as follows...

H5W= H=High trim class
5=Split vinyl bench
W= White and black

SS1= S=Roof color (S = Yellow)
S= Body color (S= Yellow)
1= Monotone Paint

T5= Torqueflight Automatic trans

SA= Stand Axle

0607= Scheduled Production Date, or June 7th

Hope this helps in some way. The VIN will only tell you the body style BH23= Barracuda, High trim class, 23= Hardtop, P= 340, 1 4bbl, 8= 1968, B= Hamtramck built, Sequential build number last 6 digits. Geof

Certicard decodes as follows...

H5W= H=High trim class
5=Split vinyl bench
W= White and black

SS1= S=Roof color (S = Yellow)
S= Body color (S= Yellow)
1= Monotone Paint

T5= Torqueflight Automatic trans

SA= Stand Axle

0607= Scheduled Production Date, or June 7th

Hope this helps in some way. The VIN will only tell you the body style BH23= Barracuda, High trim class, 23= Hardtop, P= 340, 1 4bbl, 8= 1968, B= Hamtramck built, Sequential build number last 6 digits. Geof

cool , impressive :cheers: i was unaware a certi-card has all that info.....learned something new today

Forgot to add that the Certicard will often have the purchasers name on it as added when the car was picked up from the dealership. If yours doesn't have the purchasers name in scripto on it, there may be remnants of where it had been stuck or it may have never been put on. I would think most ordered cars had a better chance of having a full certicard than a sales bank car, although it probably goes with the pride and care of the dealership!! geof

Fender tag and build sheet would be cool, have you checked for matching vin#'s on the motor and trans that would be even better

In my opinion you really need the whole package to please the mopar gods and increase value. But some will place increased value just on the vin.# So your already ahead in the game, just not a homerun.:D

I found one build sheet under the back seat and another one behind the panel on the back of one of my bucket seats.
One was a bit beat up the other was in pretty good shape.

-
Back