HELP!!! I need input on a good clutch.

-

Blownfish

Reaction score
I have a Hays street/strip Gold clutch, but after only a few years and few thousand miles the pressure plate has decided to have a mind of it's own and not release the disc once the engine warms up, so this thing is out of here.

Another issue I'm having is I see bad reviews on just about every clutch out there for a Mopar, so I want opinions, thoughts, or recommendations on which clutch I should get. Keep in mind I need a 10.5 inch for a blown 416 with a 833 and a 23 spline input.

Centerforce dual friction, light pedal, smooth engagement, killer holding power.. I tried every brand out there, and for a street/strip ride, its the way to go

I'm running a Spec clutch. Check out their web site. They have a clutch for any power level. I'm running their stage 3+. Good for 750 ft/lbs of torque. That's my $.02

I was veering towards the Center Force, but I haven't seen much on them. My bell housing is a nightmare to get off and I just want to make sure I get the right one this time so I don't have to worry about it for a long time.

The one thing I did notice is it only comes in a 10.4" instead of the standard 10.5, not much of a difference, but it is 3/16" smaller, makes you wonder why the difference?

Centerforce dual friction, light pedal, smooth engagement, killer holding power.. I tried every brand out there, and for a street/strip ride, its the way to go

X3!!

I am running a Centerforce II clutch, pressure plate, & throw out bearing, got this in my 66 Valiant behind a built 340 and I love it!! Shifts smooth, nice pedal pressure, easy to drive. You might want to go with the Dual Friction kit, heard good things about that one too.

I`ve talked to Brewer and Passon they both told me Mcleod was the best. My buddy is running a Center Force DF and I love it but it hits hard on slicks I think that were the Mcleod comes in it gives alittle at the line

I`ve talked to Brewer and Passon they both told me Mcleod was the best. My buddy is running a Center Force DF and I love it but it hits hard on slicks I think that were the Mcleod comes in it gives alittle at the line
ok let me put it this way, for the track, nothing beats a Mcleod softloc, but for street/strip, centerforce is all you will ever need. Aso big price diferance!!

Thanks guys, you confirmed what I was already told so I ordered the dual friction from summit. Now I need to get it back together so I can get to some shows and cruises.

Would still like to hear more input, just for the fun of it.

-
Back