Help on head gasket 2!!

-

75gold.uster

Reaction score
hello again, i have installed the head gasket torqued the head back on at 65 pounds, then the shaft back on at 30 pounds i got everything back on and in the right places ( i have triple checked everything ). i went to start it and its started up for a second but died, then all the times trying to start it after i have had no luck........ :( is there something else im supposed to do? do i adjust the timing or something i dont know ? anything will help thanks guys ! its a slant 6 225 engine.

Have you adjusted the valves?

Yes. You need a factory service manual.

This sounds like a possible electrical issue involving ballast resistor. Did the engine run while key was turned to start, and when in “run” position engine stopped? Check continuity of the ceramic ballast resistor, if it passes electricity it is good, if not replace it.

Also check that none of the wires leading to distributor & coil have been pinched.

Even if valve lash is off a bit these engines will run.

This sounds like a possible electrical issue involving ballast resistor. Did the engine run while key was turned to start, and when in “run” position engine stopped? Check continuity of the ceramic ballast resistor, if it passes electricity it is good, if not replace it.

Also check that none of the wires leading to distributor & coil have been pinched.

Even if valve lash is off a bit these engines will run.

hey thanks for the help i got it running the carb was fluuding itself i reset the floats!!

-
Back