help with bbd carter carb!

-

75gold.uster

Reaction score
i got this carb with a super six setup and it leaks i think at the throttle shaft? i think it means the bushings are bad? does any one know where i can find an online rebuilding directions to fix it? and where i can find the parts i need? thanks.... im learning!

Leaking at the throttle shaft does not necessarily mean the shaft is worn, and there are no bushings. The shaft rides directly in the body casting

You need to develop a "feel" for whether the shaft is really actually excessively worn or not

Rather, you probably have too high float level, leaking past the needle seat, or too high pup pressure, as with some electric pumps, or even dirt in the system causing the needle to leak.

Leaking at the throttle shaft does not necessarily mean the shaft is worn, and there are no bushings. The shaft rides directly in the body casting

You need to develop a "feel" for whether the shaft is really actually excessively worn or not

Rather, you probably have too high float level, leaking past the needle seat, or too high pup pressure, as with some electric pumps, or even dirt in the system causing the needle to leak.
X2. If the carb is not leaking fuel but the shaft is worn out, there will be a vacuum leak a the throttle shaft, not a fuel leak. A fuel leak at the shaft is excess raw fuel dripping down inside the throat of the carb or a crack somewhere in the body.

-
Back