Help With Instrument Cluster

-

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Working on a 69 barracuda inst cluster. I am trying to remove the speedo and cant get it out because the trip reset knob wont come off. I cant see a set screw or anything holding it on, but I dont wanna break anything. Any ideas??? Also I have several instrument panels from 67-69 b-cudas, some have wood grain, some are chromed and some are black, does anyone know the diff? I know there is a rallye gauge panel, but what is it exactly?
Thanks
4spd

Ok, here are some pics, and by the looks of it, I am trying to get the speedo out of a 67 cluster, judging by the round holes for the radio. Still unsure of what makes a 69 "rallye" inst cluster. Dont want to spray it with anything in case it buggers the knob!
Thanks

DSCF4124 (Medium).JPG

DSCF4125 (Medium).JPG

DSCF4122 (Medium).JPG

DSCF4126 (Medium).JPG

Not sure how the knob comes off but all of the ones pictured above are rally dashes. The standard ones from the 70's are about half of the width and have a square opening for the speedo, no tach, and little round openings for the "other" gauges. The standard A-body ones from the late 60's look like this:
0601phr_07_z+1970_dodge_dart+interior.jpg

Thanks red for the correction, the one in this pic is out of a dart or something (I think??)

That little knob screws on and off just like a nut. All US barracudas 67 thru 69had rallye panels ( generally defined as round pods ). All were chromed compltely then detail painted argent, black, or woodgrain. The plastic bezels are pretty much interchangable with minor differences. The potmetal gauge housing for 67 is one year only. The climate controller and its mounting points are different 68 up.
The bezel in the first pic looks aweful, so what would you want for it ? LOL

Thanks guys, agreed Red the rattle can silver one is brutal!! But its got the gosh darned 150 speedo and odometer in it!! Why u want it when Im done??LOL, BTW all the gauge housings look the same????

I've got a pic of the 2 different housings side by side but can't find it .
The difference is in the limb that supports the climate controls. The windows in the bezels are a little different as well as the locating pins to the climate controls on the backside of the bezels. 67 stands alone though so you may have all 68 up.
And yeah I'm interested in any bits and pieces of rallye bezels I can get if the price is right.

-
Back