Help with interior

-

hawkgoalie31

Reaction score
In my 74 duster it orignally had a bench seat in it and i have everything to convert it to bucket seats but my dad was telling me that i have to make reinforceing plates or somthing and weld them to the floor so can someone please help clear this up for me and explain to me what exactly i have to do to convert from bench to buckets thanks

The plates are a good idea , but, there not a mandotory item to have.

What you can do is make a steel square approx. 3 X 3 or 4 X 4 inchs to place under the car so the floor doesn't bend or kink when driving or braking becomes spirted. The plate should be as thick as you can get it for stiffness.
Then add a lock washer and lock tight to keep it from ever moving anywhere.

Those plates are made of 1/4" material and repoped ! I saw them available somewhere. 4 pieces for the inboard holes only req'd . Sorry I dont have a link.
Good luck

Try Ebay. Look under Dodge Dart seats. They're $25 plus shipping. Could be home made for a lot cheaper.

I believe he is looking for evilbay item number 150205744748, although the auction has a little mis-information, ie you don't need all 4 and I'm sure you could make your own. but it does have pictures :)

Ok so what your saying is make a plate like 4x4 or 3x3 to go under the car right below the seats. Because the school i go to i can make anything pretty much in my metal shop and i have acess to 1/4 in plate. But do i weld them in or can i drill them where im drilling hole for the bucket seat tracks and just bolt them in under the car?

They are sposed to be welded to the floor under the carpet, not under the car. :)
The special nuts under the car can be substituted with flat washers (I like shock absorber washers) and nyloc nuts

ok so i need to make like 4x4 1/4 inch steel plates and weld them to the floor over each spot where i drill holes and use flat washers and lock nuts thats what i have to do correct.

ok so i need to make like 4x4 1/4 inch steel plates and weld them to the floor over each spot where i drill holes and use flat washers and lock nuts thats what i have to do correct.
Thats the plan.
I could come up with a pic of OEM plates installed and even add dimensions if you are serious about making your own.
You could predrill the 1/2" holes in the plates and drill the holes in your floor pan where the factory dimples are.

Yeah if you could get me pictures that would be great and i m very serious about making my own i definatly can i have all the tools thanks

Should be all you need ....
floorplatesunderbuckets.jpg

Thanks alot red fish i appriatce it but one more question how thick up steel do you think i should use because if i use 1/4 then when i weld it in it might burn holes in the floor so wat do you think should i use 1/8 thanks

-
Back