Help with LED halo lights

-

mopar56

Reaction score
So I purchased a set of LED halo headlamps, these are a made in China Amazon purchase, they state they are fir Jeeps but that's just because there the only late modle with 7 inch round lights, anyway I bench tested them, the high and low beam circuits work well, the white halo designed as a DRL work well, but for some reason I can not get the optional signal feature to work. There is a three spade connector on like a conventional light for high and low beam and then two small auxiliary wires, one green for the halo drl white color and one red wire which when powerd should make the halo orange when it gets voltage from the signal circuit. Neither light operates the orange halo , am I missing something here or are these just defective? BTW these are going to be used in a 56 Dodge truck I'm building not that it should matter, my son has the same set in his duster and the orange halos work well, any thoughts?, I'll attach a photo of them.

20210126_201029.jpg

20210126_201036.jpg

20210126_201056.jpg

This might be a dumb question but are you grounding the body of the head light when you test them?

Instructions that are translated from Chinese, rarely make any sense.
Where's GROUND?
What is the ground on your son's car?
I usually have luck, (or sparks), grounding any GREEN.

For almost every Mopar electrical issue, grounds are usually an issue.
The 3 prongs for the headlight are hi, low and ground. Be sure to have the ground prong connected when testing the halo lights.
I recently installed a similar set up on a friend's 71 truck.
I wired the white halo to the running light wire on his stock running light/turn signal and the turn light wire to the turn signal wire for that side.
In this way, to use the halos only he only pulled the headlight switch knob out to the first click lighting the stock running lights and the halos.
To run halos and headlights, 2 clicks.
When the turn signals were activated, his stock signals flashed as well as the orange part of the halos.

This may or may not apply to your situation.
Are you trying the TS function with the truck's turn signal wire?
When I converted the turn signals on my Valiant to LED I had to reverse the wiring on the flasher connector. It has to do with the polarity of the LED.

Solved! Ok guys all good ideas above but actually here's what it turned out to be, as mentioned above one of the three prongs has to be grounded and I did do that and all functioned worked except the orange halo which is the same halo as the white which did work, so in the middle of the night I woke up and thought, what if I apply 12v to the small green wire the one for the halo at the same time as applying 12v to the small red wire for the white halo, so I did this at 630 am today and.....it turns orange! So if any of you purchase these for your rides make sure to power BOTH little wires. BTW for 100 CDN these are a heck of a good deal! Thanks for the help as always.

Good evening all,
I purchased a very similar set of Halo lights, the 3 prong plug works great and get hi and lost working right off the bat. However I'm trying to decide what I want to do with the Halo portion. I don't want them on all the time so I was thinking of wiring them to the dash headlight switch as parking lights but I can only figure out how to wire them to the turn signals in the front bumper of my 66 cuda which is ok, but if I wanted them on and parking lights not turn signals what wire could I connect them to. Thanks

Instructions that are translated from Chinese, rarely make any sense.
Where's GROUND?
What is the ground on your son's car?
I usually have luck, (or sparks), grounding any GREEN.

You think thats bad, you should see the directions on a gear change for a chinese lathe !

Good evening all,
I purchased a very similar set of Halo lights, the 3 prong plug works great and get hi and lost working right off the bat. However I'm trying to decide what I want to do with the Halo portion. I don't want them on all the time so I was thinking of wiring them to the dash headlight switch as parking lights but I can only figure out how to wire them to the turn signals in the front bumper of my 66 cuda which is ok, but if I wanted them on and parking lights not turn signals what wire could I connect them to. Thanks

you mean wire them into your running lights?
they would still he "on all the time" when the regular lights are on

but if understand you correctly, and that is what you want, i would run a jumper from your running lights to the appropriate wire on the halo

makes sense?

Good evening all,
Do the light bulbs in your front bumper have 2 filaments?
If so, one of the wires is the park lights and one is the turn signal. You should be able to tap into the park light wire and run it to your Halo wire.
Based on 56Mopar's solution you would have to connect to both the red and green wire to get an orange parking/running light.

Do the light bulbs in your front bumper have 2 filaments?
If so, one of the wires is the park lights and one is the turn signal. You should be able to tap into the park light wire and run it to your Halo wire.
Based on 56Mopar's solution you would have to connect to both the red and green wire to get an orange parking/running light.

Single filament but I'll double check that they are the correct bulbs, there are 2 wires but they may both be power (one running and one turn signal) and grounded to the body.

Thanks for the thoughts, if not I should be able to find a parking light at the switch that isn't turn signals or brakes etc.

Single filament but I'll double check that they are the correct bulbs, there are 2 wires but they may both be power (one running and one turn signal) and grounded to the body.

Thanks for the thoughts, if not I should be able to find a parking light at the switch that isn't turn signals or brakes etc.
Look in the socket to see if it has one or two contacts.
If those bulbs come on as running/park lights that should work.
Where are the turnsignals in the front?

Look in the socket to see if it has one or two contacts.
If those bulbs come on as running/park lights that should work.
Where are the turnsignals in the front?

in the bumper behind the clear lenses

-
Back