Hemi ECU / PCM Confusion Questions

-

RichardR

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I've been looking into the possibility of using a modern hemi (and there are a FEW local to me for sale from$100-$250) in front of the 904 or 727 i have or even possibly get a A833. I don't want to deal with the fab work needed for the 545RFE to fit. Where confusion comes in is the electronics for the motor. I've read different things and I feel I read to the point where its all now a blurring together lol. I'll break it down what I think I know and what i'm questioning:
-I know you can use factory computer and electronic stuff with a hemi/trans swapped from a truck. I've read some posts about it.
-I thought I read that just the hemi will work alone, provided the hemi is from a standard truck and from a certain year?? Not sure about that one.

I would really like to just use the new motor and its factory electronics only. I have no problems with modding the factory harness.

Any direction /help would be awesome.

Thanks!!!

I'd REALLY like to know where you are getting running useable hemis for a hundred bucks!!!!

I think the main issues are: If you don't have the original trans, and if you have the security whatever in the ignition. There are folks who can reflash these computers. So if you are using a "non computer" transmission, you want either a stick shift PCM or have it reflashed thus

local wreckers have a set rate on long blocks, couple on the computer ads.
When it comes to the drive by wire, does it have to be from a 2003 unit and match it to a 2003 ECM?

-
Back