Hemi fitting aroudn pws gearbox?

-
Well I ended up pulling the K member outta what was left of the 71 donor dart (not 72 pardon me)...the S6 k member is still in the 73 im building and wanting to put hem into.

Lookin at the situation. I am starting to think it would be easier for me to just call up pst and order an idler arm, and lower balljoints for the 71 and put it in the 73 versus trying to make my own motor mounts.
the k outta the 71 is a v8 k, and turns out is manual steering as well.

still undecided though. argg

5.7 hemi, what aftermark K you thinking? Alterkation and magnuforce are to pricey for me...know of anything else?

Well I ended up pulling the K member outta what was left of the 71 donor dart (not 72 pardon me)...the S6 k member is still in the 73 im building and wanting to put hem into.

Lookin at the situation. I am starting to think it would be easier for me to just call up pst and order an idler arm, and lower balljoints for the 71 and put it in the 73 versus trying to make my own motor mounts.
the k outta the 71 is a v8 k, and turns out is manual steering as well.

still undecided though. argg

Did I read somewhere on here to use SRT8 Jeep exhaust manifolds?

With an alter-k-tion the jeep srt8's work with minimal effort.

Nothing available works with factory power steering.

Jeep 5.7 ex mani's work with factory manual steering.

I'm hoping that I can lower the k member with a spacer, then if I decide to build mounts, I can try and build little higher, that will allow exhaust to clear the pws.

would the uni-steer rear rack work? Might be worth something to look at it.

Google it, and see what it is, kinda cool, and not too expensive.

Ya, I looked it up. The site specifically states not for a body.
Think I'm just gonna buy some s6 to 318 adapters, and throw the 318 in
Hemi will have to wait for alterkation.

Oh man, sorry. I didn't know they wouldn't fit an a body.

As far away from Unisteer as you can, on any Mopar. The bump steer is so bad, the ditches on your road will never need to be cleaned by DOT again! :banghead:

-
Back