Hemi head identification

-

76Duster

Reaction score
I am looking for info on a set of heads. The numbers on one head is 53021608BL and the other is 53021609BL. Have a chance to purchase a long block with those heads on it. Thanks Mike

"Narrow intake ports with an injector notch are early 5.7 heads. Square intake ports are late 5.7 (Eagle) heads. Square ports with open chambers are 6.1 heads. Square ports with narrow/closed chambers are 5.7 Eagle heads. 5.7 bore 3.92". 6.1 bore ~4.055~".

Found that on Moparts with a quick search.

I'm not seeing those numbers identified. But I'm thinking you are looking at an '03-'08 5.7

Post a pic of the intake port opening and we will be more able to identify it for you.

Thanks for the reply. I am new to the Gen 3 hemi. Dealt with small blocks and big blocks. I will post pics when I can get them. The engine is a couple of counties away.

No, it is a rebuilt engine. It is built for drag racing. Already has manifold and carb on it. Supposed to have a .600 or so lift cam in it. I didn't have any tools with me to measure the lift. I don't think these are the stock heads on it. I have done a little research on the numbers and I thought they might be eagle heads, not sure though, I think they may have changed the eagle head numbers. Thanks Mike

Thanks for the reply. I am new to the Gen 3 hemi. Dealt with small blocks and big blocks. I will post pics when I can get them. The engine is a couple of counties away.

I'm in Sweetwater. If its closer to me than you I could possibly go take a look at it for you and help you out. If I could see it I could identify it.

PM me if I can be of help.

Chris

It is definetly a nice offer. I PMed him about it. I thank everyone who has responded. The numbers may just mean that they are off a 5.7. I will get some pics when I can. Mike

I believe your may be right. I think it will still run alright. Be a nice engine to get started with. I will be running a MSD hemi controller with it. Thanks for your help. I am sure I will have other questions as I go along.

Some still consider those heads to be the best based on port velocity. Just sayin

-
Back