Hemi hood scoop placement

-

ram250098

69 Barracuda
Reaction score
I bit the bullit and bought a bolt on hemi scoop, I pick it up Friday if all goes well. I know the scoop is centered left to right but what is the distance from the back of the scoop to the back of the hood on center? Looks like about 4" from pictures I have seen but would like to be a bit more accurate.
I plan on doing the rattle can paint job in semi gloss black, has anyone done this and what brand worked for ya.
Thanks
AL

I bit the bullit and bought a bolt on hemi scoop, I pick it up Friday if all goes well. I know the scoop is centered left to right but what is the distance from the back of the scoop to the back of the hood on center? Looks like about 4" from pictures I have seen but would like to be a bit more accurate.
I plan on doing the rattle can paint job in semi gloss black, has anyone done this and what brand worked for ya.
Thanks
AL
I sprayed my dual snorkel scoop with Rustoleum rattle can semi-gloss black.It turned out fine,I guess.
car pics 66 Dart 186.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 186.jpg

I went out and measured a real Sox and Martin hemi barracuda scoop placement and applied those same measurements to my hood.

My scoop is 2.5 inches from the rear of the scoop edge to the rear of the hood edge.

I am running a small block and have no issues using the measurements I got form the crossramed hemi car's scoop.

i can't seem to find a good side pic showing the scoop placement, but if it works on a crossrammed hemi and a small block in the same placement, i think you should be fine with 2.5 inches from the rear edge of the hood.

100_2701.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e53/clownzilla/cudainlot.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e53/clownzilla/21.jpg
cudainlot.jpg

Thanks very much Cudaspaz I really didn't think it was that close to the rear of the hood, but will go with your measurements.Thanks again.
AL

-
Back