Hemi Install Video

-

boden

Reaction score
Here's a video detailing some of the aspects of my 5.7 hemi install. I mostly made the video to learn to use Imovie on an iPad, but some people might find it useful. I'm still finishing paint and interior work so the car is not on the road yet.

Thanks for the vid.
Gives me a nice idea of the clearances for when I drop a 5.7 in my '73 Dart.

I don't have volume on this computer, so I have a few questions. What tranny did you use? Did you have to cut the floor pan to get it in?

545RFE trans that came with the engine
Lots of cutting and welding in the floorpan. I widened and extended the tunnel and fabricated a custom trans mount.

545RFE trans that came with the engine
Lots of cutting and welding in the floorpan. I widened and extended the tunnel and fabricated a custom trans mount.

That's what I thought I had to do. Just wanted to make sure I waasn't overlooking something easy.

Cool vid!!!!
Keep up the great work, gonna be a blast when you get it on the road.
:burnout:

how did you handle the wiring? stock truck harness? just got a 5.7 to put into my 67 cuda

I used the factory service manual to guide me in modifying the stock harness and remove what was not needed while adding necessary fuses and relays.

Here's a video detailing some of the aspects of my 5.7 hemi install. I mostly made the video to learn to use Imovie on an iPad, but some people might find it useful. I'm still finishing paint and interior work so the car is not on the road yet.

well done you earned the right to be very proud.

-
Back