Hey I am back also.

-

383man

Reaction score
I know I have been away way to long. I forgot my password and have been feeling lousy and busy all at the same time. But I really need to stop in here much more often and hang out. 8) Ron

Welcome back,if i remember right the 63 is yours and the Dart is your son's? :scratch:

Yep thats right. I sold the Dart to my son last year. And that mild 383 is coming out this week. Yep I was building a 400 for my 63 but we decided to drop it in the Dart as Jr is buying Eddy heads. So we will be dropping a .030 over stock stroke 400 (406) in Jr's Dart with the MP .557 cam and Eddy Heads. My brother and I have run this combo with iron heads and really like it. It should put his Dart well in the 11's as we are installing a 9.5 Dynamic convertor also. As for the 63 my brother is giving me a 440 and a new set of KB quench dome pistons. So I will be building a 10.0 comp 440 with a MP .557 cam my buddy is giving me and the 906 heads I am doing some heavy porting on and installing the 2.14 & 1.81 valves. Hopefully this will put my 63 deeper in the 11's then Jr's Dart. :mrgreen: Ron

Thanks all. Yes we will definetly race at Cecil County this year. We plan to race Jr's Dart at the Mopar day in May with the new 400. I dont think the 63 will be ready by then. Ron

I am actually worried Jrs Dart may be faster then my 63 with the Eddy heads on his car. :( :mrgreen: Ron

383man said:
I am actually worried Jrs Dart may be faster then my 63 with the Eddy heads on his car. :( :mrgreen: Ron

I guess when he's not looking, you could always switch a couple of sparkplug wires! :geek:

Welcome back Ron I've been in and out here also. I was looking at your combo for your 63 and is very similar to my engine (just sold it) When I first took it to the strip it ran 11.42 @ 116 right off the trailer in 100 degree heat at Sacramento raceway. Later in the fall (temps in the 80's) it ran 11.30 @ 119 with no changes or tuning through mufflers just the way I drive it in the streets except for slicks. I am sure both you and your sons car will easily run in the 11's.

Actually I havn't seen any posts by 383man lately!!!

We can welcome him back when he comes back. :confused:

-
Back